Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Data, nationwide family ques

asumofparts

I have been searching for hours. Decided to just come ask.

I currently have a 700 min nationwide family plan with 500 text messages and an unlimited data plan. I am strongly considering dropping the data plan since I use almost none of it.about 136 mgs since I bought my wifi modem. my contract renewal comes up in may. I have a razr maxx and the wife has a basic cosmos. So here are my questions

Can I purchase an unlocked basic phone from another source and drop the data plan now?

Can I sell my razr? what would I have to do as far as Verizon is concerned?

Does the Nationwide family plan still exist? When I renew my contract will I be able to just roll over my Nationwide plan without data or do I need to get one of the shared plans?

If the nationwide plan I am on currently is not available is there a plan for just voice and text. We use less than 200 minutes outside of calls made to each other and we had a combined 12 texts that weren’t between my wife and I.

Thank you for any help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Data, nationwide family ques

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

asumofparts wrote:

I currently have a 700 min nationwide family plan with 500 text messages and an unlimited data plan. I am strongly considering dropping the data plan since I use almost none of it.about 136 mgs since I bought my wifi modem. my contract renewal comes up in may. I have a razr maxx and the wife has a basic cosmos. So here are my questions

Can I purchase an unlocked basic phone from another source and drop the data plan now?  Yes, as long as the phone is branded Verizon and has a clean ESN.  You can check here to see if the ESN/MEDI is available to be used on Verizon.  (NOTE: The link will only check if a device is compatible with Verizon's Network. It will NOT determine if a device has been marked or flagged as stolen or otherwise not eligible for activation.)  Be advised - if you drop your unlimited data plan, it is gone, and if you decide at a later date that you want data back, even on the Nationwide plan, you will have to choose a tiered data plan, starting at 2 GB for $30.

Can I sell my razr? what would I have to do as far as Verizon is concerned?  Sure, you can sell the Razr.  As long as another phone is activated on your line, and the Razr is no longer activated on your account, the phone is yours to do with as you wish.  Be sure to do a factory reset and wipe all your personal information before you sell it.

Does the Nationwide family plan still exist? When I renew my contract will I be able to just roll over my Nationwide plan without data or do I need to get one of the shared plans?  You can still keep your Nationwide plan; however if you are purchasing your next phone "from another source" you can simply activate it on your line.  No need to renew your contract, just drop the data plan.  You can continue on the Nationwide plan indefinitely.

If the nationwide plan I am on currently is not available is there a plan for just voice and text. We use less than 200 minutes outside of calls made to each other and we had a combined 12 texts that weren’t between my wife and I.

Thank you for any help

Based on your usage, you may want to consider pre-paid options.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Data, nationwide family ques

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

asumofparts wrote:

Can I purchase an unlocked basic phone from another source and drop the data plan now?  Yes, as long as the phone is branded Verizon and has a clean ESN.  You can check here to see if the ESN/MEDI is available to be used on Verizon.  (NOTE: The link will only check if a device is compatible with Verizon's Network. It will NOT determine if a device has been marked or flagged as stolen or otherwise not eligible for activation.)  Be advised - if you drop your unlimited data plan, it is gone, and if you decide at a later date that you want data back, even on the Nationwide plan, you will have to choose a tiered data plan, starting at 2 GB for $30.

Can I sell my razr? what would I have to do as far as Verizon is concerned?  Sure, you can sell the Razr.  As long as another phone is activated on your line, and the Razr is no longer activated on your account, the phone is yours to do with as you wish.  Be sure to do a factory reset and wipe all your personal information before you sell it.

Does the Nationwide family plan still exist? When I renew my contract will I be able to just roll over my Nationwide plan without data or do I need to get one of the shared plans?  You can still keep your Nationwide plan; however if you are purchasing your next phone "from another source" you can simply activate it on your line.  No need to renew your contract, just drop the data plan.  You can continue on the Nationwide plan indefinitely.

Thank you for any help

Based on your usage, you may want to consider pre-paid options.

View solution in original post

0 Likes