Data alerts not accurate
msstatecoletrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received data alerts at both 50% and 75% for my 2GB plan and I feel this is a great feature.

The problem is when I checked my actual data use using #DATA I only used:

0.796 GB for the 50% Alert (correct is 1GB)

1.229 GB for the 75% Alert (correct is 1.5GB)

The alerts seem to be off by a good ~300MB which is a significant portion.

Also why not put your actual usage on the alert. It's a pain to have to sign in or call to get your data usage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data alerts not accurate
AZSALUKI
Legend

there's a "my verizon" widget that you can put on your home screen (if you are talking about a data plan for a phone or tablet). it keeps you signed in and always shows your current usage. i find it much more useful than loggin on to the site or calling. your notification is definitely off a bit, but it's better than if they notify you 300mb's late....lol. also, i believe that when you check your usage (online, call, or the my verizon widget) it is only a recent estimate.

msstatecoletrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on an iPhone so no widgets for me. I could download the app but still it shouldn't be too much more work to include it. You're correct, I would much rather be under than over. My data usage still hasn't reached the 75% level yet.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Get the app. It really is a convenient tool.

0 Likes
Data alerts not accurate
msstatecoletrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reason I posted this is so someone from Verizon could see the problem. I don't know who to really talk to when I call about this problem.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm guessing that no matter which department you contact, you will get some type of generic response to the effect of "we send out alerts based on estimates and they can be sent out a bit early." just my guess though. since this is a peer to peer forum, you likely won't get any help here from verizon here. it's worth calling customer service though. they may have an explanation.

0 Likes