Data Use
GoodNewz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is my Verizon Jet-pack hots-pot using so much data? Only eight days in the new billing cycle and Verizon is claiming the hots-pot has used 10.381 GB. I monitor this utilization well by not using the hot-spot often and turning it off immediately after use.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Use
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand your concern with seeing higher usage, GoodNewz. We've recently introduced our Data Utilization tool to help better understand how your data is being used. You can view this information on My Verizon. http://vz.to/1GqtEp1  If your Jetpack is currently under contract, you are able to disconnect service, however you may be subject to a termination fee.  AndreaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GoodNewz,

I know that usage can most certainly be confusing at times. These devices would not by themselves use data, other than small updates or pings with our network. To determine usage we would want to fist understand how the device is being used and for what services and devices. There are several ways for usage to occur from simple email to media streaming and social media sites and update frequently. To get an idea of your usage take a look here at our calculator and see how it can add up http://vz.to/1nPirzW.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GoodNewz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used your calculator and according to it I would only use 11 gigs. This morning Verizon says I am over 20gigs and that is after I reduced my utilization. The calculator does not explain my usage. My first month with Verizon the utilization was correct. There was an increase after August of 2014. If you look at my billing statement you could see there has been an increase month after month with the first quarter of this year being the greatest. I cannot afford this and looking for ways to discontinue internet use with Verizon. I was using the internet more when I was in school for research. I am on the internet a fraction of the time I was when I was researching for school projects and my data has more than doubled. This is not making sense.      

0 Likes
GoodNewz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know I am under contract is there a way I can place the jetpack on a prepaid plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand your concern with seeing higher usage, GoodNewz. We've recently introduced our Data Utilization tool to help better understand how your data is being used. You can view this information on My Verizon. http://vz.to/1GqtEp1  If your Jetpack is currently under contract, you are able to disconnect service, however you may be subject to a termination fee.  AndreaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes