Data Usage
Jchance11

My husband and I have had a plan with 2 GB of data for a few years now. We rarely ( only a few times when we took trips) use the entire amount in the month. The last 2 month's we have run out of data 15 or so days before the month is up. We both use our phones but are rarely not connected to Wi-Fi. I am discouraged and about to take my business elsewhere after waking go this morning to both of our phones going off about being out of data. We were at 8% last night and both double checked settings to make sure Wi-Fi was on. We were discouraged because we both do not think we have used as much data as verizon recorded. This morning no one was even using the phones when we were alerted. No apps were running. I immediately went to settings and watched my Wi-Fi icon switch from grey back to white. How is this the case? My router was visible and my internet service was working perfectly as that is how we stream television and that was on. I suspect this is a Verizon thing so I will add data? I will not . we will likely have a new service within the week. Too bad because I never had an issue until recently. Anyone else had this issue? How was it rectified?

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you reviewed your phones' onboard data counter to see which applications are using the data? Are you manually turning off the cellular data connection when you expect to be connected to a wifi router for extended periods of time? Just because you haven't changed how you are using the phone, doesn't mean the applications haven't changed and could be using the data differently. See which ones are using the data and review the settings for those applications. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.