Data Usage is not available:
TheRyan

Hello,

I've just become a Verizon customer a few months ago and i've had an ongoing issue with viewing my data usage.

On the website, and also on the application, my usage is always at 0. I have to use a separate application to monitor my usage, and I never truly know how much I've used. I contacted verizon support yesterday and they comped me an extra gig this billing cycle incase i go over, but I'm still left wondering how i'm supposed to actually check my usage. The service tech couldn't even tell me how much I've used...

She also said that this is a national ticket/ongoing issue, but my quick search of the community didn't show anything similar.

Any input? Appreciate it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage is not available:
TheRyan

does anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't had any issue at all checking data usage via my phone's MyVerizon app or via on-line MyVerizon.  What happens when you dial #data ... can you get your data usage that way?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have never had a problem seeing my data usage. This is a peer to peer community forum and not everyone who reads the discussions respond to all the time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TheRyan

Yea that gives me an accurate usage of my data. Weird that the customer service rep wasn't able to give me that but i'm able to pull it in this way. I'd still like to be able to monitor it through the web interface or application interface though... thanks for the tip!

hopefully they resolve this issue

0 Likes
TheRyan

Months later, this issue hasn't been fixed. I contacted customer service on three occasions and they have told me it was a known issue. The latest time i contact them I was informed that a network fix was coming on 1/20 and that they aren't accepting any more tickets on the issue. It is 1/25 and the problem has still not been resolved, I am unable to view the usage of my data through the application on my phone or the internet browser interface.

0 Likes
Sheila62

I love how many replies there are from Verizon on this exact issue.  We just got a Jetpack a few weeks ago (yes, I know the jetpack sucks as a primary internet device, but we are in a remote area wtih limited options).  My billing cycle ended 1/18.  The  total data usage on the plan updated rapidly to 5.0179 GB, the amount used in the first 3 days, then stuck there for 5 days.  The usage details showed 1/18-1/22 (still do, as of 1/29).  Customer service had no idea.  Tech support assured me that the total was correct, but the details didn't update in real time.  3 days later, when the total hadn't updated any more, tier 2 tech support had no idea but opened 2 tickets for me.  The total is now updating (but I don't trust it) but the usage details are still stuck at 1/18-1/22.  Never heard anything about it being a known issue or a fix coming soon or anything else.

I love how I'm going to be hit with huge overage charges, but Verizon refuses to provide any functional tools to manage my usage.  So far I am totally underwhelmed with Verizon data...in fact I will go so far as to say it sucks, totally and completely. 

0 Likes