Data Usage Alerts Not Working
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have data usage alerts set to 50%, 75%, 90% and 100%... Am now over 75% and have yet to receive an alert, either by text or by email.  Is something not working properly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Usage Alerts Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to update us Lemons4.

Has the user whose usage you are trying to keep track of, reached the next data alert marker? If they have and you have not received an alert, we may always help out with setting up a ticket for your My Verizon service and usage alerts. For quicker updates, we can set one up for you if your reach out to us at 1-800-922-0204 via the phone. We can also help out here, but we would need to direct message privately to properly handle this.

I have sent a follow request to you if needed. Just follow me back, and forward us a DM. Thank you!

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lemons4,

Let's get those alerts working! Have you confirmed your usage by dialing #DATA from your wireless phone? Have you logged into your account to make sure they are set up correctly and saved? Please keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

On 12/24,I was informed by customer service that all my alerts were set as I wanted them.  I checked My Verizon, and all seemed fine.  I checked again a couple of days ago, and non of the alerts I requested were on.  My husband's phone got a text, but neither my phone nor my email received any alerts, and I am the account manager who requested the alerts be sent specifically to me.  Needless to say, I rest the alerts on My Verizon, and saved them.  They are now set correctly, but I am still not receiving alerts.

Martha

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to update us Lemons4.

Has the user whose usage you are trying to keep track of, reached the next data alert marker? If they have and you have not received an alert, we may always help out with setting up a ticket for your My Verizon service and usage alerts. For quicker updates, we can set one up for you if your reach out to us at 1-800-922-0204 via the phone. We can also help out here, but we would need to direct message privately to properly handle this.

I have sent a follow request to you if needed. Just follow me back, and forward us a DM. Thank you!

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message

I would provide the Verizon rep's profile page, but no one signed the post.

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you!  I got it!

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a text telling about my usage, but not alerting me to an overage.  I know I'm over 75% and approaching 90%, so we will see if I receive anything...  Thank you very much for your concern and follow.  I have followed you as well.

0 Likes