Customer loyalty dead @ Verizon; U gotta at least buy me dinner Verizon
J13

I am sure you all have heard about the DE-grandfathering of the unlimited plans upon upgrade.

I could live with less data as with 3 devices and 100% of my home internet coming from verizon and I barely meet 4-5GHz a month.

But why would I pay $400for 2 new phones, then pay $30 EACH for the PRIVILEGE to upgrade and lose my unlimited plans....What do I get in return? The opportunity to to save $7 a month for 6GHz...WHY WOULD I DO THAT? Does Verizon believe that the allure of 4G and an Iphone5 will incent me to open my wallet. That is like paying for someone to steal from you.

Why not just start streaming movies and videos 24/7 from both phones? What if all still valid unlimited plans users started doing that? Would we get any loyalty then? Would you be treated with anymore loyalty as a 10 or 15 year customer than someone that walks off the street?

What if all unlimited plan users all switched to AT&T at once? I bet we could deal with AT&T if we could bring them loyal customers from their largest competitor.

I just think it is ridicuolous to pay to lose the unlimited package...hold strong unlimited plan owners!!! I know I will!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer loyalty dead @ Verizon; U gotta at least buy me dinner Verizon
Not applicable

None of the major providers offer true unlimited data anymore and they all charge an upgrade fee, most more than Verizon.  This is old news.  You can keep your unlimited data by paying full retail price for your new phone, at least for now.  That's what I plan to do if and when I ever need a new phone.  And, all customers are equally important.  Just because you have been around a while, you don't deserve any more than a new customer who just signed a 2 year contract.  And data amounts are measured in GB, not GHz.

0 Likes
Not applicable

J13 wrote:

I am sure you all have heard about the DE-grandfathering of the unlimited plans upon upgrade.

Yes because it's been around for 11 months now.

I could live with less data as with 3 devices and 100% of my home internet coming from verizon and I barely meet 4-5GHz a month.

GigaHertz?

But why would I pay $400for 2 new phones, then pay $30 EACH for the PRIVILEGE to upgrade and lose my unlimited plans....What do I get in return?

You save $800 or more on your phones.

The opportunity to to save $7 a month for 6GHz...WHY WOULD I DO THAT?

Once again GHz? It's GB as in GigaBYTES.

Does Verizon believe that the allure of 4G and an Iphone5 will incent me to open my wallet. That is like paying for someone to steal from you.

Actually Verizon would rather you pay full price for you Iphone 5 anyway since they lose money on that device.

Why not just start streaming movies and videos 24/7 from both phones? What if all still valid unlimited plans users started doing that?

People doing just that are the reason why they want to get rid of unlimited.

What if all unlimited plan users all switched to AT&T at once? I bet we could deal with AT&T if we could bring them loyal customers from their largest competitor.

A) Not going to happen

B) At&t doesn't offer unlimited data either.

I just think it is ridicuolous to pay to lose the unlimited package...hold strong unlimited plan owners!!! I know I will!

Well they could offer unlimited data to all then the network will crash all the time and when it did work it would be slower than molasses in January then you would complain about that. Fact is most of us don't have an issue with data. Heck I've got 4 days left and I've used only 100 MB this month. You know you phone CAN use wi-fi. Try it sometime. And if you live in an area where there isn't cable or DSL and mobile is all you have, well I feel for you, but it's not Verizon's responsibility to do the job cable and local teclo refuse to do.

Yes hold on for the next 14 months an enjoy it while you can. Honestly after reading post after post like yours for the last 11 months I personally can't wait until Verizon gets rid of unlimited data for good.

<Minor editing for name calling.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Me too, and I still have unlimited data.  I could live with a 4GB plan, switching to 6GB when necessary.

0 Likes
gamerayers

This isn't true, you can get Truly unlimited 4G data on T-Mobile.  They offer a base plan which is 500mb that comes with everything, an addon of 2gb for 2.5 not upgrade to 2.  Then an unlimited.  And every plan when you go over your allowable (ie. 500mb or 2.5gb) of 4G data, they automatically throttle you back to 200k/s (or their 2G speed).  All data on the 2G network is free.  Now they really don't have LTE, but talking speed, LTE is 50mb+ if you can get it, HSPA+ is 42mb+ and has a longer range than LTE, plus they are rolling out LTE in many areas.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's what I said.  No major provider offers true unlimited data anymore.

0 Likes
Majorcop

<Duplicate post removed for crossposting violations per the .  See for the original message.>

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Remaining portion of the discussion removed for various violations of the .>

0 Likes
Not applicable

gamerayers wrote:

This isn't true, you can get Truly unlimited 4G data on T-Mobile. 

Where does t-mobile have 4G? Come to MY area or anywhere within 50 miles of my area and see how much you enjoy that "unlimited data" it will be unlimited EDGE data. Sounds awesome. Where can I sign up for this "unlimited" barely above dial-up speed data?

0 Likes
J13

<< Post removed.  Any discussion of moderation is to be via Direct Message with Verizon Moderator. >>

0 Likes