Customer Support While Using Phone Internationally
jesri99

I have a few comments on customer support for international and global services. For the past month my daughter was studying abroad in Barcelona. I wanted her to have cell phone and text service during the trip. After she arrived in Barcelona, we had some complications (a stolen phone)

and needed to rely upon support from VZW to help out. During this time I used both the live chat and live person support. My experiences lead me to the conclusion that VZW support has very little knowledge about international services.

Some examples:

I was told by a representative that my daughter's iPhone 6 would not work in Barcelona and I needed to rent a phone from a Spanish company. (Luckily I could challenge this because my older daughter had been to Barcelona and her phone worked fine).

I was told that an iPhone 4s could not work internationally (Luckily I could challenge this because I had used this phone on European business trip a month earlier).

One time,while on the website, I accidentally turned off my daughter's global services. Of course when I went to turn it back on I received a message telling me I would have to call customer support. When I finally got through, the representative "helping me" restore the service on my daughter's phone in Barcelona, restored it on my wife's phone and gave me a plan that only worked in Mexico!

Another time I needed VZW support 9:00am Barcelona time. That was 3:00am my time. I was told to call a back at 7:00am

If you are traveling internationally and want VZW cell services I recommend you not have any mishaps or questions. It will be a lot less frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes