Customer Service
adamg643

I have never been so appalled with verizon wireless, and i am tempted to change phone carriers after the experience my wife just had. She made an appointment over the phone, where the representative told her that when she got to the store and checked in, it would put her at the top of the list (which did not happen). She sat there for at least a half hour before a representative was able to finally assist her. She explained that she was wanting to by a birthday present for me, the iphone 5s, and she gave the person the rest of the information. He was polite and says he will be right back. About 5 minutes later he comes back and tells my wife that she cant purchase the phone, mind you we dont have an upgrade so she was about to spend 700+ outright to buy this for me. She couldnt buy it becuase she wasnt an authorized user on the account, and she didnt have her Power of Attorney with her that proves she can do things on my behalf. She has a military ID with the same last nam that says spouse and proves we are married. My wife told the guy helping her that she wished she would have known that before she sat here for 45 min. waiting to be seen for nothing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
adamg643

CONT.

She told the guy that she made an appointment with the impression that she would be seen sooner, and she wouldnt have made one had she known it would still take this long, and make no difference. THe man then was rude, and said we were all busy with customers. She understands that, but then dont make appointments with people, they are useless. My wife also let the man know that the woman on the phone didnt say anything about need POA as she looked up the account to make the appointment, which would have saved her from sitting there for nothing because she would have brought the power of attorney. The guy then proceeded to tell her she would be better of buying from a BEst Buy or target where you dont have to be an authorized user, insinuating that my wife didnt have POA when actually she did. SO bravo Verizon your representatives are turning away business and promoting other places! I am beginning to look into other carriers because you were so rude and disrespectful to my wife. Not to mention you ruined her surprise. Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Take this in hind sight. The account could have been set up via online or over the phone to Verizon wireless to give her account manager status. She can then go into a store and make purchases and make changes or payments. That is what you should have done. Your mistake.

Verizon is not a doctors office or dental office where appointments are honored. At times you end up waiting in these places as well.

I know I don't carry around a power of attorney in my pocket. My wife has total access to all my accounts. So that really was not necessary and the sales person really would have had an issue with that as well. Again your mistake.

Verizon was safe guarding your account and yet you are angry?

No carrier will do anything less than what Verizon did. They have rules they have to follow.

But if you already know about the surprise just go to the store now and get your iPhone. I see on the web site they are free with a contract. 8GB version.

Or just go to another provider if you feel that is what you want to do.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Radar_Luv

You are better off buying from Best Buy where you can get the all inclusive warranty on all Apple products. I learned this the hard way! The Apple store doesn't provide any warranty that covers water damage, whereas Best Buy does!

0 Likes