Customer Service
SHAHAN57

To start off, I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years. I've had minor issues a couple times here and there over the years, but usually things seem to have been resolved fairly quickly for the most part. The past year however: I have been less than pleased with my experiences. Last year my phone got the screen shattered so I went to the local store located at 1623 Marion Mount Gilead Road here in Marion, Ohio to seek help with what I could get done to get a new phone. When I arrived at the store there were at least 6 people waiting to be helped with only one employee helping someone and another standing by the door. As I waited in line with the other customers at least 2 more employees came from the back and stood around while the other customers and myself waited to be helped. After waiting for a little over an hour I finally got to speak with an employee. This employee was absolutely terrible at his job, and I greatly question his knowledge pertaining to his job, and that of the training process Verizon has in place for their employees. Basically after becoming severely agitated waiting in line for over an hour and dealing with this poor excuse of an employee for 15 minutes or more, I had to take care of my issue myself and call Asurion to make a claim when the employee could have just told me that in the first place rather. Then today I placed an order online for a phone for my other line which is my mother's phone on my plan that I pay for, and opted for in store pick up at my local Verizon store. I waited for an email or text for 4 hours to be notified that it was ready to pick up, which I find utterly unacceptable with the technology available to Verizon to communicate the order to the store and for it to be fulfilled by the store in a fast and reasonable amount of time. A year and a half ago when I ordered my phone it took less than an hour to be notified of it being ready. And while waiting for 4 hours to be notified I tried to call customer service to check on my order status, and was on hold for almost 32 minutes the first time and still did not get a representative on the line, and close to 20 minutes on hold waiting a second time, still without getting to speak to a representative. I find this highly unacceptable, especially considering the fact of expensive prices Verizon has for services and phones. I have remained loyal to Verizon despite these recent events, but if I have another instance like this is the near future or future in general, I may choose to go with another carrier that'll value their customers more while providing cheaper prices and equipment.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is really very simple:

1.) You break your screen...you call Asurion for the remedy if you have insurance. Verizon employees are not allowed to call the insurance company and do something for you that you can do on your own. It has been this way forever and is not a new policy.

2.) You want to buy something from the store...you go to the store. If you want to order it online and pick it up in store, you have to wait for the order to be fulfilled.

3.) There are only hundreds of customer service agents to serve the millions of customers. This is the same for all carriers.

0 Likes
QUEENCHRISTINA86

Please send a SIM card for a unlocked phone so I can bring my own devices send to [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

QUEENCHRISTINA86,

We would love to welcome you to the Verizon Family. If you are interested in starting service by bringing your own device, you can use this link to get started: http://spr.ly/6580D0Lpq

I hope this information helps!

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes