Customer Service NIGHTMARE.
LizzyJ

I have been a customer for over ten years. We have 6 cell phones.... that's a whole lot of cash in their pockets over all these years. I lost my job, got behind on my bill, for a few months. I stayed in constant touch with customer service. Making those half-hour phone calls every week... I made weekly payments, and then called to keep them posted... they said things like "paying $200 Friday is fine", only to turn off my services on Thursday. I'd call, they'd apologize. "Oh, I'm sorry, you did call. That's our fault, let's get those services back on, no problem!"

I finally caught up... I called and asked the customer service agent what my balance was, so I could pay it off in full. Finally!! I'm caught up!!

And, as to be expected with Verizon, I logged in to see my new monthly bill, and sure enough... more hidden charges, $220 worth. Remember all those disconnects that were "our fault, you did have arrangements", they billed me for their mistakes. The answer I was given is that they had already removed two line reconnect fees, and they can't adjust a bill twice. That's nonsense.

So, my bill is $589 for this month. I spent an hour on the phone again last night, got nowhere. Apparently being a customer for ten+ years means nothing. This company is robbing from people. Customer service is horrific. Can't wait to switch carriers. But, wait!! I'll also have to pay Verizon about $1500 in order to do that. It's a huge scam.

If you are considering switching to verizon, think again. I can say, as a long-time customer... If i had it to do again, I'd buy a prepaid from a no-name carrier. Clearly, I am wasting my money here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service NIGHTMARE.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It doesnt matter really if you are a one year or a 10 year customer. The fact that once you go past due you can be shut off at any time. The fact that they worked with you on this shows that they do appreciate your "loyalty". Cell phones are a luxury, not a neccessity.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service NIGHTMARE.
LizzyJ

The fact that they worked with me shows they want my money. And, as far as the whole luxury/necessity argument, good try. That has absolutely nothing to do with them admitting a mistake and charging a customer for it.

0 Likes