Customer Service Made UNREQUESTED Change to Unlimited Plan
mjjolly1972

I am writing you with hopes that you can correct a problem with my account.  Back in February I requested to have a different phone activated on my account.  At this time the person that I had been in contact with made a change to the data plan associated with my phone number from an UNLIMITED plan to a 2GB plan.  They did not tell me they were doing so and did not mention that making this change was going to affect my account in this NEGATIVE manner.  I would not have made the change to another phone (a phone that was previously purchased and used on my account) knowing this was going to happen and they should not have taken this liberty with my account.  I have been a long standing customer with this same plan for many years and feel that this should be fixed and the UNLIMITED plan should be reinstated on my account. I have gone through many other channels with Verizon Wireless in an attempt to have this fixed first to find that no one has been able to help me. I do not feel that I should be penalized for the laziness of a customer service person who is supposed to be there to help me

I hope that you can help me with this manner.  Please contact me at the if further information is needed.  I do believe that the last two people that I have spoken to have placed notes in my account at to what has happened in terms that you might more readily understand.  I would greatly appreciate a response to this request.

I have also sent this request in writing but I am extremely frustrated with a lack of response.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Made UNREQUESTED Change to Unlimited Plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You had 14 days in which to have corrected this if it truly was a mistake and you weren't activating a new phone purchased with a two year contract. Otherwise it is too late now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mjjolly1972

this was an unrequested change made by customer service. i did not purchase a new phone i was using an old phone.  how can i contact a person higher in the food chain to help me?  I do not think that this should be happening considering that I didn't ask for it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I understand that you didn't request it. However since it has been over 14 days since the changes were made. Reverting to the inactive pricing is now impossible. There are other discussions in this forum about similar situations and even the reps that roam in the community indicate that you must request the unlimited data plan be added back within 14 days of the original change. For your situation that was in February. It is August now and far too much time has passed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

The simple answer that has been posted on here for the past 2 years is "YOU CAN NOT CHANGE IT BACK TO UNLIMITED, EVEN IF IT WAS VZW's FAULT!".

Your best bet is to file a FCC and FTC complaint for "CRAMMING of services". It may not help you right now but it may force VZW to change their policies down the road.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mjjolly1972

It saddens me to hear this was your experience with our service!  Changes to your account are to be made only at your request, and only after all disclosures and details have been provided to you.  I sincerely apologize if this was not your experience.  I would like to further investigate this matter.  Please follow me here, then send me a Direct Message including your name and wireless mobile number so I can further assist.  Thank you for your patience and your understanding!

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
johnita36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a reason you just now noticed this and are trying to have it corrected. I had the same thing happen back in Feb also however I noticed it as soon as I got home and checked my online account and called the lady at the store who helped me she sent a request in to have her mistake corrected and within 2 business days it was corrected back to unlimited. I don't think your problem is that they won't correct it its that you have waited 6 months to address the problem. If addressed immediately at least in my case it was changed back within a reasonable amount of time.

Johnita