Customer Service Has Gone Down the Drain
lortay78

My Samsung Galaxy S4 broke last Wednesday. I've had more than one cell phone malfunction and in the past Verizon has been good about getting me a replacement. This time was very different.

I went in to the store on Thursday morning. This was after spending an hour waiting on tech support so they could tell me how to reboot and then wipe my phone. I didn't need tech support to help me with that. The store thought I should try a new SIM card. The problem was that the phone would not stop roaming. I had LTE but no voice or text data. The sim didn't work so they said I would get a replacement from fedex the next day. I should have asked for a tracking number, but since I have never had a problem before I didn't think to.

Friday came and no phone. I have a corporate account with about 40 devices. I am the point of contact. I went back to the store so they could just give me another phone. They refused. They admitted to making a mistake, but said I would have to wait until Monday for a replacement. My business does not allow me to go a weekend without a phone. It could mean losing million dollar contracts. When I explained to them that was not an option the only thing they could do for me was to reset my contract and sell me another phone. I find this unacceptable.

After taking away my unlimited data plans that our corporate rep promised me I would never lose if I didn't suspend my service and what they did with the Nexus devices and not letting Google update the phones like advertised, I think this is the last straw. If my corporate rep doesn't come through for me on Monday and make this right, I'm taking my 40 lines and going elsewhere. At this point the only thing Verizon has left going for them is their coverage. I admit it blows the coverage of their competitors away, but that doesn't mean I am willing to put up with inferior phones, limited functionality so they can sell their bloatware like isis, and no customer service.

I think buying 40 Nexus devices and going to the carrier who will offer me the best deals with no contracts is the way to go with my company from here on out. It was a good run Verizon, but you got greedy, and you have lost my business if you don't make this right.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Has Gone Down the Drain
Not applicable

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57602920-94/speedy-at-t-vs-reliable-verizon-the-gap-narrows/ 
Fear not Verizon is dropping and as I said many times, once the other carriers catch up with service and coverage there is no reason to stay with them. Their customer service is almost non existent and Verizon thinks customers should just get the shoddy service and support and take it.

Move 40 lines of service over to AT&T

Good Luck

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Did you go to a corporate store? They all have replacement SIM cards available?

0 Likes
lortay78

The corporate store was closed, and the sim didn't help. The phone was defective. I talked to a manager, and they didn't care about my years of being a corporate customer. They thought they were hooking me up by selling me another phone and renewing my contract. My hands were tied. I guess I should have just gone to another carrier right then but after an hour in the store, I was pretty beat down. I thought my rep would straighten everything out today. We will see if that happens. If he makes it right, I'll stay. But I'm not thinking that is going to happen at this point.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You have a corporate account(you are the point of contact) with about 40 devices and not a single extra device you could activate on your account?

Corporate lines on my corporate account are required to turn in their old phones when upgrading. As a result, there are any number of old phones available to re-activate if there is a problem with an employee's phone.

lortay78

Most of our phones are in other states. Our main office only has 15 people and most of them don't have phones. We usually sell off our old phones. I see now that keeping a couple of devices on hand is a good idea, but in the past Verizon always came through for us and got us new phones within 24 hours. This would have taken 5 days.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Man your replies today are outstanding. And I agree with them.  I have to get an aspirin

rcschnoor
Legend

That's OK, I'm sure you will snap out of it and/or come to your senses soon.

0 Likes
lortay78

Just to update:

My rep did sort of help, although it wasn't anything I couldn't have done myself. I returned the new phone for a refund and had my contract put back to where it was. Now I have to wait again for a replacement refurb to be sent in place of my broken device.

Since all this has happened, I've been reading up a lot on the changes in the wireless landscape over the past two years. I'm very happy to see that the playing field in terms of coverage is leveling a lot. This means I can finally escape the iron-fist closed garden approach of Verizon that will never allow another Nexus device in their lineup.

Today I read that the Nexus 7 has been blocked for new activation by Verizon even though it works fine with a Verizon sim. I see where things are going. If I was an iphone user with unlimited funds, I might think about staying, but I'll be moving my lines over as soon as it makes economic sense. In the meantime, I'll just pay full price for the cdma devices and sell them off when I am done with them.

It's too bad they have to have these policies. It's nice to know that they already have LTE towers almost everywhere I go, but in the end, the frustration and the price just doesn't justify staying for my needs. The future, especially with Block C, seems to be a different model than the subsidized carrier devices. I think I will be buying my phones from a manufacturer and having them activated with a data provider. This makes a lot more sense and cuts down on bloatware like "VZ navigator" that nobody in their right mind would ever use. Just my opinion, but I think that future looks pretty bright compared to this nonsense.

0 Likes