Custom voicemail greeting for “Verizon My Numbers”
WILLBCHAP

How do I record a custom voice mail greeting for a virtual number in the Verizon “My Numbers” app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Custom voicemail greeting for “Verizon My Numbers”
chrism_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want you to get the most from the My Numbers feature, WILLBCHAP. I would like to learn more in order to help find a lasting resolution. Who is the carrier of the virtual number that you are using? What is the make and model of device that you are using? Looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILLBCHAP

I am using the “Verizon My Numbers” app.

I am running the app on an iPhone 7.

0 Likes
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

WILLBCHAP, we are happy to hear that you are taking advantage of our new My Numbers feature. At this time, the ability to customize your voicemail is not available. We apologize for this inconvenience.

KatrinaN_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILLBCHAP

Katrina, thank you for the reply. I would like to submit a request (recommendation?) for a recordable greeting to be added to the My Numbers app. Even the ability to announce a recorded name would be better than a greeting that leaves callers confused as to if they have called the correct number or not.

For the cost of this app, only $5 less than adding a device to the plan, this shortcoming makes the My Numbers app not worth the price. It’s too bad, because the app has worked well for me so far. The marketing for this product suggests people could add extra (separate) lines for their business, but no business owner or professional would accept a phone line with a generic voicemail greeting like thIs. Unfortunately, I’ll have to go back to the VOIP competition in the area until Verizon can complete this app.

0 Likes