Re: Crippling upload speeds. Please help!!!
Iconian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thanks for the comment. Verizon advertises between 2 - 5 Mbps upload speeds and I'm routinely getting 0.01 (10 KBPS).That's a big difference. I would just like to receive the service that i'm paying for. I'm not uploading large files of data. Simple tasks like connecting to my financial institution or uploading a picture are taking way too long. I may be impatient as my ISP is around 236 MBPS/Upload.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know slow data speed can be annoying Iconian. I would be annoyed too. I am sure we will figure this out and make sure we get you blazing speeds again. Is anyone else having this issue? You did mention that you did not have this issue on your previous phone. What phone did you have? Please make sure that you have LTE turned on. http://spr.ly/6586D7E9s;

Please make sure that you clear your browser cookies and temp files. http://spr.ly/6587D7E9t Let me know if your speeds improved. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
silasnewton

I'm having the same issue. I'm using a Google Pixel 2 xl and the upload speed has averages around .01 kb per second.

0 Likes
Stevenlibby

I'm seeing the same problem. We have beyond unlimited and live in rural SC but along an interstate. My phone is the s9+

I'm getting decent download speeds but upload is extremely slow - I just registered 0.00 upload on Ookla.

0 Likes
bmoore1968

have had this problem since i started my service with verizon nothing i have done or the stuff i was told by verizon ever did any good. its just bad service on their part. upload always the problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the best speeds possible, bmoore1968! Let's take a closer look into this for you. May I have your nearest intersection and zip code so I can accurately pinpoint your location? Does this happen in multiple locations or primarily at one spot, like home or work? What speeds are you getting? Please use this link to test and send us the results: http://spr.ly/6604Eig1C.

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
eversurfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently traveled across the country, i90, i70 east to west coast. Also from north to south. Ookla has an analog capability that shows signal. Across the country, I experienced the above mentioned speeds, usually less < 1 mbps upload speed. Some of the download speeds were 60 mbps (megabits persecond, but upload didn't even register). I consider this a form of censorship of sharing and makes the phone useless. The analog and signal shows all 5 bars on the phone. OpenSignal app also shows  Verizon Antenna location and Identifier which I tracked all of the above over 6000 miles of open country. Often would attempt this 20 times to document thoroughly while at a truck stop. Also tried this with multiple speed test platfroms to identify the Antenta locations with OpenSignal (which it's speedtest is now blocked by Verizon, but antenna can't be blocked nor can the signal strength).  Opensignal does provide a map showing the CLEC antenna location relative. I also documented the antenna locations with Google Earth coverage based on open source.  I require more out of Verizon, and if this is what 5G is going to be, download only, it's useless other than a youtube "caching" device. 

0 Likes
eversurfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

1 mbps upload speeds are the same speeds as 1990 dialup modems? 99% of the people who use a phone use social media, instagram, facebook, youtube, and basic email. They upload images, video, and also depend on quality voice. Since the signal's strength is perfect, the question and the requirement needs of the customers are an issue. 

Upload speeds that aren't even 1mbps are a form of "CENSORSHIP". 

0 Likes
Basspig

Last year I used to get 65 megabits Upstream in about 45 Downstream on my Verizon 4G connection. This year I'm getting only about seven megabits upstream and 99 megabits Downstream. It seems to have gotten very asymmetrical in the past year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eversurfer,

We certainly want to see better and more consistent uploads speeds than what you have encountered. Rest assured, slow uploads are not a form of censorship and are something we want to get fully addressed.

Based on what you describe, there are a variety of locations where this is occurring, which would indicate that it is likely a device concern. What model do you use? Are there any locations where you see the targeted 2-5 Mbps you should be seeing?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes