Coverage/quality declining
ingeleberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our family lives in Midland, Texas in the 79705 zip code.    We have been loyal Verizon customers for many years -- and have been very satisfied with Verizon's coverage and service until the last several months.   We have witnessed an extreme degredation in data service, to the point where we often cannot get any data coverage in most parts of town.   While our phones often show 2+ bars of LTE coverage, we cannot access websites or use our apps.   We all have late-model Apple devices (iPhone models 8, X and XS) and have tried having our SIM cards replaced (which made no difference).   

We hate to consider leaving Verizon, but may have to do so soon.   The current service is completely unacceptable.

What are Verizon's plans for improving service in Midland, Texas?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Coverage/quality declining
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ingeleberg

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your service, we certainly do not want to lose you over this. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved.

Regarding future network infrastructure, Verizon Wireless radio frequency (RF) engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage. Based on their analyses and recommendations cell site construction or other improvements are then planned and budgeted accordingly. Verizon Wireless' specific network expansion plans, locations, and timetables are considered proprietary and confidential.

In regards to your data concerns, there are different versions of the Unlimited plan that come with different set of network management guidelines see here http://spr.ly/6606EnOK6. Which version(s) are you on? Are the issues while indoors only, a specific location, or everywhere you travel within that zip code (over a 10-mile radius)? Had anything changed around the time you noticed a difference in service?

EdwardL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

What plan are you on? Regardless it's probably congestion. Also how "loyal" or how long you've been with Verizon doesn't matter to to topic at hand. This is customer to cusotmer forum and any reps that happen do chime in here would not have the info you seek.

ingeleberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi boringusername,

Thanks for your reply.   It appears that we are on the Multiple Unlimited Plan.   

I agree with congestion being the likely cause... our town is experiencing explosive growth due to oilfield activity.

What are your suggestions for getting the attention of the right people at Verizon?

Thanks again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ingeleberg

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your service, we certainly do not want to lose you over this. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved.

Regarding future network infrastructure, Verizon Wireless radio frequency (RF) engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage. Based on their analyses and recommendations cell site construction or other improvements are then planned and budgeted accordingly. Verizon Wireless' specific network expansion plans, locations, and timetables are considered proprietary and confidential.

In regards to your data concerns, there are different versions of the Unlimited plan that come with different set of network management guidelines see here http://spr.ly/6606EnOK6. Which version(s) are you on? Are the issues while indoors only, a specific location, or everywhere you travel within that zip code (over a 10-mile radius)? Had anything changed around the time you noticed a difference in service?

EdwardL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ingeleberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Edward.   We found out that we were on the Go Unlimited plan, which puts us at the back of the line for data during times of congestion.   We have since upgraded to the Beyond Unlimited plan, and the issue seems to be resolved.   We are very disappointed that the various plan options were not explained to us at the time that we went to unlimited.   We would never have selected a plan that deprioritized our service.

barbh-r
Enthusiast - Level 1

Live in Capitan NM     We have same issue over the past 6 months.  Verizon says their service here has been investigated and just fine THAT it is our issue with our phones or just the number of people using service.   REALLY look up Capitan NM--how many Verizon customers you think there are here.  Three cell phone towers within 20 miles.  THINK Verizon is just choosing to whom and when they will allow customers access while making them pay full price.   Going to State public utilities commission and FCC next.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s critical that every customer is getting the service they want and deserve. You should never have to go through the inconvenience of missing important phone calls. We would like to investigate this further, so we can get your service working again. Does this issue occur when you are indoors or out? Are you experiencing service issues with calls, text and data or all of the services?

ChristianP_VZW

erinm86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Boston on top floor and suddenly keep dropping calls and having cruddy service I work from home why did i go from 4 bars to 2 sometimes 1 in a week? I'm going to have to go with another carrier I can t have calls dropping especially not for the most expensive service out there! Ridiculous 

stillsmilin

I have been a customer with Verizon for 16 years.   Since November of this year, Everything has gone downhill.   I purchased two new phones with trade ins.   This has been a nightmare.   They have not credited the promised amounts for the trade in.  I have contacted customer support 20 plus times since.   No solution.  Then they charged my account three times this month.   When I contacted them about it, they told me they would hold that amount and credit it to my next bill.  If I wanted to pay extra I would have done it Voluntarily.   Unexceptable customer support.  Very VERY Disappointed in Verizon all together.    T-Mobile is looking better and better.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, before anything, thanks for your 16 years of loyalty to the company, we truly appreciate your business. Being on top of your trade ins is vital, especially if you are having issues getting the credit. It breaks our heart to see you in this dilemma, rest assured we are here to help.   ~Gilbert

0 Likes