Coverage map lies
Sunshineyday74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had Verizon for 1.5 years now, in the Pigein Forge area of east Tennessee. The coverage map shows it provides LTE coverage for this and the surrounding areas. What a lie! It is the slowest coverage I've ever had... and that's in town! Coverage map also shows LTE coverage in Townsend, but I get absolutely NO signal in any of Townsend. Im going to switch carriers. Can't believe they lie. 

Re: Coverage map lies
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

Did you view the Coverage Disclaimer??

These Coverage Locator depictions apply to the following calling plans:
National Calling Plans, Mobile Broadband and Prepaid.

International rates for voice and data will apply.

These maps are not a guarantee of coverage and contain areas of no service, and are a general prediction of where rates apply based on our internal data. Wireless service is subject to network and transmission limitations,including cell site unavailability, particularly near boundaries and in remote areas. Customer equipment, weather,topography and other environmental considerations associated with radio technology also affect service and service may vary significantly within buildings.Some information on service outside the Verizon Wireless proprietary network, and we can not vouch for its accuracy.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sunshineyday74, I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with service in your area! We know how important it is to get great coverage and fast data speeds, no matter where you live. We certainly don't want to see you leave Verizon due to this. Let's look into this, and see how we can help improve your experience. When did you begin having trouble with service? What is your city, state, and closest intersection where you have had trouble, so we can check your coverage in more detail? 

MichelleH_VZW

bearone21
Legend

good luck with the new carrier!

0 Likes
Sunshineyday74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Then what is a coverage map good for? 

MLMock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well for one, THE MAP HELPED VERIZON CONVINCED US they'd be able to provide coverage and they can't.period. We spent the holidays at home tryinng to direct boosted towards a couple OLD towers that can't cover the area And my husbands going back to work and we'd given up and asked for Verizon's help,offered no solutions COMPLETELY IGNORED THE TRANSCRIPTS I EMAILED TO MYSELF FOR MY "RECORDS" that proved they CANT PROVIDE WHAT IS STATED THEREIN and THEY KNOW THIS US A POOR AREA BUT NO ONE MENTIONED THAT UNTIL WE NEEDED HELP FROM THEM AFTER BARELY MISSING THE CANCEL TIMELINE. Which is garbage if you ask us because what we were told by more than one agent about what would work for us WAS LIES,. The contract is a TWO WAY STREET if we can't receive their serivice enough to call out or download a picture then how can they LEGALLY GET AWAY WITH IGNORING THEIR END ?!!! THANKSGIVING FOR US!! Overwhelmed and disgusted.,support was so gracious DURING OUR QUESTIONS BUT THAT WAS before they got the CONTRACT. 

livninctry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree about the false coverage map.  When looking at the coverage map for Lake Lure, NC it says it covers everywhere and yet my phone has no signal everywhere except one or two spots on the lake.  My phone also drops coverage going down i-26 on South Asheville. I could go on but I know I am wasting my time.  Can't wait to try another carrier.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your service, and we would love to help. Please tell us a little more, are you experiencing issues indoors or outdoors? Do you know if other Verizon users are having the same problem in the area?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes