Coverage in our area
LINFER38

Hello,

In recent months, we have experienced an increasing number of dropped calls and poor coverage at our home and in our surrounding cities. What are my options to improve this while remaining a Verizon customer? If we can't figure out how to improve coverage, especially in our home, we will have to explore other carriers with better coverage.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage in our area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

Are your phones capable of wifi calling?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LINFER38

80542. My phone is wifi capable; but when I select that option, a dialog pops up saying I have to contact Verizon - so wifi option doesn't seem to be enabled.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might have to check your account through your MyVerizon account online to verify if wifi calling is enabled or not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NOAHMCNABB01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who cares if they have wifi calling. They pay for a service that isn't being provided for some reason. The question should be when will verizon fix this issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LINFER38, this is never the kind of cellular service that we want our customers to experience. I was able to check the local area by your zip code. I'm not seeing there being any outages or issues in the area. Are you having issues with text messages and your data service as well? Or are you just having dropped calls? Also, do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers are having these issues in the area? Please keep us posted. 

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
whyme776
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last several months my coverage at work has pretty much been non existent unless I go up several floors of my building. A few years ago I was able to get a signal anywhere on my floor. That is one of the reasons why I have stayed with Verizon for so many years. The only difference between a year ago and now is that my work now allows camera enabled phones at work so everyone has a phone now, whereas a year ago only people with no camera on their phone, had phones. I would say that too many people clogging the towers could be slowing me down, however, my signal has also diminished at home too. It's still pretty strong at home but I notice a lot of slowdowns that didn't use to be there. Overall, I believe that when my phone is paid for next year I will be leaving Verizon after almost 15 years with them. I am not sure who I will go with but I will probably find a company that is local to the area and strong in the area since I don't travel anymore anyway.

0 Likes