Coverage in 19335
JonC1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

Coverage is weak (dropped calls) along Uwchlan Ave (113).  This is a major road in the area.

Can Verizon add their service to the cellular tower located at 321 West Uwchlan Ave?   (It is on top of a hill.)

The towers that are located on Bell Tavern Road and on Wallace Ave are too far apart (also in the valleys) and this tower is in between these.

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the service did not improve in the area.

My work dictates my service provider... and this would also improve coverage at my house.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Coverage in 19335
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JonC1968, thanks for the heads up! It's important to us that you have reliable service in your home coverage area. Have we ever submitted a troubleticket for your area in the past?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JonC1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if "you" have ever submitted a troubleticket for my area in the past.  I have not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information JonC1968! No issues are noted for Downingtown. Let's reprogram your phone as a first troubleshooting step. To reprogram please remove the SIM card for one minute as per instructions at this link http://vz.to/11uvxaj then reinsert and and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
JonC1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok.  I did that.  No change.  Even with my previous verizon phones, the situation was the same.

Zip Code 19335 is a wide area.   There is a cell tower just north of the main comerical district of Downingtown, PA on Wallace Ave, near the overpass for the Hwy 30 bypass.  Therefore the signal for this area is good.

There is also a tower located on the Hwy 30 bypass at Bell Tavern Road.   Verizon seems to be using both of these towers, since the signal in the areas around them are strong.

However, between these two towers, up along on the ridge on Uwchlan Ave there is also a tower at 321 West Uwchlan Ave.  Here there is basically no signal (per my original post above).

My suggestion is that Verizon should have a technician check out the signal in the area of this tower and determine if Verizon should also use this tower as well.   This cell tower was obviously built in this location for a reason, correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted JonC1968! We want to make certain that you're able to stay in touch, especially for business purposes. Since you've had trouble with different devices, then the next step is to have our engineers review the towers in the area. Please accept my follow request and send a Direct Message to access the account.

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
lunamelt

Not sure why no one seems to discuss this anymore but Verizon is, I believe, the ONLY provider that let's you reprogram your phone to update its pre-programmed list of towers.

Per Verizon,

Dial *228 and then press SEND (this call is airtime free).

Just did it myself to check out the current methods.  The phone told me that my roaming capability was updated.  What this does is help your phone recognize new or closer towers to improve your coverage.  You need to also do this step whenever you move (even within the same town) in order to make sure you have the latest tower updates.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Probably because the newer devices don't need *228 Send since the device updates automatically.

Technology in action. Progress

0 Likes
JonC1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok.  I accepted the follow request.

I found that one statement that I said above was incorrect  There is indeed also a tower located on the Hwy 30 bypass at Bell Tavern Road.   However, Verizon also does not seem to be using this towers either since the signal in the area around that tower is also weak.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks JonC1968

Once the representative accepts the request, they will be able to communicate privately  &open a ticket and address any concerns.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes