Coverage changed from good to frequently none at all
Jnkcmd

Hello,

In the last 4-6 months the cell service around my house has started to decline. It has been slowly getting worse and at this point I am having trouble making calls at all. We were thinking it was something specific to the phone and waiting for the Android 10 release but that made no difference. Today we compared with my husband's phone and he also has no bars. This comes and goes in the same location in and around my house. If I leave the phone on the counter I can watch the bars go up and down. Some days I have full bars and some days like today I can barely get a bar. Likewise isome days service better in the kitchen and other times I have to go to another room but the same combo won't work another day. Sometimes outside is better but sometimes it is worse. We've had the same phones in the same house for over a year and this wasn't and issue 6+ months ago. I have tried turning wifi calling off and on and it has not helped. I also did the star228 to update towers and that had no effect. It's like an area tower has gone offline and we are on the edge of coverage now even though the map shows us in the middle of 4G LTE. Phones: pixel 2 and pixel XL 2 with the newest Android updates. 

0 Likes
Re: Coverage changed from good to frequently none at all
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jnkcmd, we know how important it is to be able to communicate with others at all times, so it is a concern to hear you are having issues. Do you have any trouble making calls while outside, or does this only happen indoors? When you make a call out, does the call drop? Please reset your Network Settings and test your calls on your Pixel 2 by following these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215221/.   EricaG_VZW

0 Likes