Coverage Map Far from Correct
hpad702
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just recently switched to Verizon Prepaid.  My home shows "4G LTE Quality : Excellent" on the covergae map. I'm like okay... Awesome!  Well that is not so much.  Even voice calls both on "1x" and VoLTE cut in and out if I move or try to walk around my house. (Yes there is WiFi calling but it does no good when your internet provider goes out all the time and you have to call and complain to them lol)  

Same goes for data speeds, if I put my phone in the correct spots I can get some okay data speeds, but most of the time data is pretty much unusable if your moving around. 

Issues are not device related. This occurs on my iPhone XS, XR, S8, and S9... Along with visitors that have verizon of all sorts of various devices that are on postpaid.  

My previous carrier which shows "fair" coverage here works perfectly! I can make a call leave my house, and contiune the call.  Verizon on the other hand I have to drive about 1.5 miles before I can hold a stable call.  Which everyone that lives out here has complained of the same exact problem.

Also another location which is just down the road from my house it also shows "4G LTE Quality : Excellent" YET its ZERO service and pretty much always has been for every carrier, but Verizon says theres coverage there when there is clearly not.

Little background, I work in IT, Its not my devices, etc etc. I'm not trained in cellular networks, but I know some technical background of it and how it works.  Used to be all into it back into the CDMA only days, those where the good ole days haaha. 

Anyway just thought I'd put some input above the coverage map issue. 

Another note: Reason I switched is my previous carrier worked out here just fine, but in town just a few miles away it was awful. Verizon works wonderfully in my town, just not outside of it. 

0 Likes
Re: Coverage Map Far from Correct
boringusername
Master - Level 1

If your previous carrier "worked prefectly" why did you leave? Also coverage maps are OUTDOOR coverage. No map can take into account indoor coverage. Even outdoor coverage no coverage map can take into account trees, foilage and buildings. Also prepaid is prioritized below postpaid

hpad702
Enthusiast - Level 2

I moved as my previous carrier horrid in town compared to verizon.

Yes I'm refering to OUTDOOR coverage lol. I'm pretty much in an open feild surrounding me. 2 story house and upstairs is the same. Its actually worse outside than it is in the 2nd story of my home.   Same goes for the other location outside, which I get ZERO coverage, which granted NO other carrier gets signal there either, but why does the maps so it does? on top of that it shows "excellant" Prepaid the data is deprioritized not the actual service itself

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's not a verizon problem if your internet provider is flaky, wi-fi's the best.

0 Likes
hpad702
Enthusiast - Level 2

Huh? WiFi has nothing to do with the actual service. I shouldn't have to use WiFi calling.  

Not possible while driving around my area unless I get a hotspot with the other carrier which then would make being with Verizon pointless. 

0 Likes
hpad702
Enthusiast - Level 2

to add to the previous post, shouldnt have to use WiFi calling in an area that shows "excellant LTE coverage" on the coverage map. 

0 Likes