Convoy2 Keys
samsungkeys

The external keys on the face of the phone do not lock. 

My phone sends messages  while in my pocket. 

I have locked the keys internally through the "MENU" and also locked the keys externally. 

With the phone closed the only thing you need to do is touch the unlock button on the face of the phone and the keys are unlocked.  At that point the phone has a mind of it's own... let it bounce around in your pocket or purse and you are sending "who knows what".

Poor design and not getting any answers from VZW tech support.

Please send help or 5 pound hammer!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Convoy2 Keys
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Please don't take a 5 lb. hammer to your Convoy 2!

I can truly see how this can be a major issue for you.

Samsung is in the process of  getting an updated software version to correct this.

This issue will be addressed in the upcoming MR1 which has not be released yet. Timing for key press will be changed to make it less likely to be accidentally unlocked.

mcarney18
Enthusiast - Level 1

How will users know when the update is available? The whole keylock issue is using up minutes on my plan when the phone decides to make calls on its own while in my pocket. Will verizon be reviewing usage to credit us back for these unwanted calls?

redsandvb

Are there any updates to the new software from Samsung?

0 Likes
MarkSteele
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Problem! I sent back 2 of these phones before I figured out that the problem wasn't a bad phone. Now I'm stuck with this thing. It sends text messages to the last person I texted saying "In a meeting."

0 Likes
MarkSteele
Enthusiast - Level 1

So there's a message here dated 12/2/11 that says there will be updated software "MR1." Now it's April 3rd. I can't find any software updates on Verizon's site.

0 Likes
rob119

I also have the "in a meeting" problem.

today, though, my phone updated software on its own. But now I can't use the front keys at ALL, unless I first open the phone. This is extremely annoying. I used to like taking my phone out to check the time, turn on flashlight, read a text, etc but now I have to physically open the whole phone to do these simple tasks.

I really want the old software back... after just deleting my quick texts, the "in a meeting" problem went away. Now my phone sucks! Thanks verizon! This will be my last phone with verizon.

0 Likes
evandenver

Great! This new software update has not only jacked up the front screen functionality but also THE ALARM! I SLEPT IN BECAUSE THE ALARM DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE WHEN THIS PHONE GOES "ASLEEP" THANKS TO THIS NEW UPDATE. FIX THIS, VERIZON AND SAMSUNG! I was going to wait for the contract to expire before switching carriers thanks to this phone, but I think this is the last straw.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rob119,

I'm sorry that the software update created additional issues for you. We need to get this fixed! Have you tried to pull the battery out of the phone to reset it? If so, and the issue is continuing, I would recommend a master reset. Make sure you have your contacts and pictures backed up first. If you are still having issues, we are happy to review your warranty for you.

Master Reset:

From the main screen, press Menu
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Settings, press OK
Scroll to Security, press OK
Enter Lock Code ???? displays, enter the 4 digit lock code (default: last 4 digits of phone number).
Scroll to Restore Phone, press OK
Warning Displays: Permanently Erase all User Data & Reset settings to factory default?
Choose Yes or No, press OK

Let us know if you need additional assistance!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes