Contracts and Phone Upgrades
hcop23

I have been a long-time Verizon Wireless Customer, and recently got married.  My wife and I were looking into combining our separate Verizon Wireless Contracts into one contract.  If we combine them, does that change the date that she or I would be eligible for a phone upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contracts and Phone Upgrades
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search for Assumption of Liability on this site to find the other similar discussions. This process is what you want to do with your accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search for Assumption of Liability on this site to find the other similar discussions. This process is what you want to do with your accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

Doubtful this can be done. If one of you has a contract longer than the other the shorter of the two could finish out there contract and then be picked up on the others account.

Of course putting them on the account may be tricky but I am hopeful that customer service could integrate the cell number to your account or hers. The situation may be simple to ones reasoning, but breaking a contract will result in early termination fees.

One of you could add a line then use it that way, but do you want to lose your phone number? Again that pesky ETF for the one leaving. Maybe a trip to a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store may be the better solution than telephone assistance.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks Ann I completely forgot about that option.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elector wrote:

Thanks Ann I completely forgot about that option.

I'm glad I could help remind you.

0 Likes
abrydon

I recently attempted the same thing and was not eligible for a free upgrade. Suspect it might vary case to case. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As Ann has stated, you want to perform an AOL.

It has been awhile since I read the policy on this, but if I remember correctly, if the line being taken over has less than a year left on its contract, the contract on that line will be extended so that it has 1 year before it will become eligible for an upgrade. The other line has no changes to its contract.

I would suggest you have the line with the shorter contract take over the line with the longer contract.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help out hcop23! Congrats on your recent marriage. This process would be known as an Assumption of Liability. The good news is, this can be done. However, the contract dates would generally remain the same. To get thir process started please reach out to our AOL Team at 888-832-4540, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes