Continued discussion: Unlimited data plan and discount dispute on new phone
danpeake

I have a very similar problem as the OP and on my recent phone call with Verizon Wireless just experienced the most frustrating phone call ever. Is someone on this forum available to help? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data plan and discount dispute on new phone
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You cannot keep unlimited data when upgrading at a discounted price. You cannot keep unlimited data when upgrading from a "basic" phone to a "smart' phone regardless if you pay full retail or not. Is this answer similar to the 21 other answers?

0 Likes
danpeake

No, it doesn't at all. I had a smart phone and I upgraded to a smart phone and Verizon is dragging its feet on adding the data plan back to my account even though they said they would.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Which data plan? Did you upgrade at a discounted price?  Not sure what your "similar" problem is. When did you do this? If we had your specific situation we'd be more able to help you.

0 Likes
danpeake

I upgraded in late June (before the switchover to the shared data plans). I had the Droid 2 Global and switched to the Droid Razr Maxx. I was told I could keep my old unlimited global data plan by multiple people (I wanted to be 100% sure or I wouldn't have upgraded). When I got the phone in the mail, I had been switched to the $30 for 2GB plan.

When I called to get it the unlimited global data plan added back, I had an inactive pricing request submitted and approved, but the rep didn't add it to my account and missed the window for doing so. When I called a second time, the submitted a new request and the same thing happened again. So, I called a third time and am waiting on the result of that - all the while approaching my "false" 2GB limit.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated. I'm stunned by the incompetence of Verizon on this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Continued discussion: Unlimited data plan and discount dispute on new phone
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

OP posted in April, if you upgrade a phone on your account at the discounted price you will lose the unlimited data pack. If you buy it at full retail you will not. Simple

0 Likes
Re: Continued discussion: Unlimited data plan and discount dispute on new phone
ArDarsh81
Enthusiast - Level 3

After speaking with multiple Verizon reps prior to 7/28:

If you upgraded before 7/28 meaning 7/27 or earlier, you can keep the unlimited plan. So it's not simple. They messed up or are hoping idiots will fall for the trap.

I still have unlimited data and chose to pre-order the Galaxy S3.

0 Likes