Consumer Advocate Contact - Wireless
tytwait
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm looking for a contact to a consumer advocate to deal with the faceless, heartless corporate machine of Verizon.   I'd like to try one last route before turning to legal action.   Call centers and stores can only help you with starting a new account (if its not complex) or increasing the services you pay for.   They are not allowed to correct Verizon's billing mistakes or (more importantly) talk to the ones who can at Verizon.

Any help is much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Consumer Advocate Contact - Wireless
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you talked with anyone in Financial Services about your bill?

Financial Services

866-266-1445

Mon - Fri:  8 am - 8 pm ET

Sat:  8 am - 6 pm ET

Sun:  closed

You also could file a notice of dispute:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tytwait, you have reached out the right group of people to help out. I would love to find out what is going on with your account. What kind of billing mistakes are you seeing on the account? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tytwait
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the information.   I tried the Financial Services number today, but it looped me back to the generic customer support line.   I'll try the Notice of Dispute route this weekend if I haven't gotten anywhere by then.

0 Likes
tytwait
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinR_VZW:

I was charged (and subsequently had money taken out of my bank account) for an early termination fee and taxed for a line that the Verizon representative incorrectly setup instead of porting my existing number over to a new plan.   I found the error about an hour after it was set up and the correct number was ported over.   The incorrect line was terminated within hours of setup.   I was told at the time of the error that no charges would appear on my bill and if I had problems to go back the store or call Customer Support and it would be immediately resolved.

My first month's bill did not show the termination fees and taxes so I thought it was properly resolved.   It showed up on the second month's invoice.   I've been to two different stores and called Customer Support at least 4 times.   At this point I've received 6 variations of the same answer; no one is allowed to directly contact the department who "looks into" these matters.  I need to wait to hear from them and the best I can hope for is a credit on my account.  The charges are on my January bill.  My "case" was opened on 01/27 and I have yet to hear anything.

I don't want a credit, I want my money back.  I'd also like "the powers that be" to resolve Verizon's error in a more timely fashion with more communication/visibility with the customer.   As you can tell, having your Customer Service representatives instruct me to bounce between stores and call centers with no information, does not make for a satisfying customer service experience.  Especially when I did nothing wrong in the first place, other than trust my service with Verizon.

0 Likes
cathyroberson3
Contributor - Level 1

I am sorry you have fallen victim to the same misfortune we have. There are only two words I can share with you, good luck. We are in the same exact spot you are in. Dealing with Verizon is like hitting your head against a brick wall over and over. Our situation started in October. They have yet to resolve it yet have no problems sending interruption of service texts to remind us our bill has not been paid. Of course it has not been paid. They did not set up the account correctly therefore have not billed us correctly. Their customer service is the worse I have ever seen. I will do everything in my power to tell the truth about their company and the way they treat their customers.

Our problems were their errors and they have yet to take responsibility for their mistakes. Our case began the end of October as soon as we realized the family plan with three lines intended to share 10G of data was set up on three individual lines with 10G of data each. Here we are February 16th and we are still fighting with them to make things right.That's why I said, good luck.

cathyroberson3
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Corporate Number

(212)395-1000

Sam001

I need one too!

Now getting late fees on incorrect bill!!

Service stopped in December 2014 and still billing.

Any Help anywhere?

0 Likes
tytwait
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update everyone:

After calling the "support" line twice more, I finally got someone who was willing to call a manager over to see the error.   They "worked" on the issue for about 40 minutes while I was on hold and was able to get the $35 activation fee returned (as a credit of course).   She informed me that I didn't need to wait on the phone any longer and the manager was about 5 or 10 minutes away from crediting the rest of the charges to me.   He would call me back right away. 

Eight days later - I still hadn't received a call back, so I tried again.   The next gentlemen on the support line hung up on me after "checking" the status.  I called again the next day and received a very apologetic gentlemen who allowed me to stay on hold while the manager approved the $350 early activation fee.   He mentioned that the bill was paid in full, so it would be easier to refund it.   I asked about the nearly $50 in taxes and fees that were charged an he acted like I requested his first born.   No, there is no way they can touch those fees.

So, after roughly 10 calls to the support line, 1 store visit and 1 visit to Target (where I originally started this) along with many hours of my life on hold, I am still out nearly $50 in fees and taxes that I will be filing a dispute for.

Good luck to everyone!  And I really appreciate the support from the other customers here!  (not you KevinR_VZW) 

0 Likes
tytwait
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinR_ I forgot to thank you for doing absolutely nothing on this!   I'm sure you are in for a big promotion at Verizon for toeing the company line.