Re: Connectivity is terrible after XLTE rollout
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SallyPrice,

It definitely sounds like our Network Engineers may need to investigate into this for you. I've requested to follow you. Please approve, follow me back, and then send a Direct Message using these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
4GorBust

I've seen the same issue. Since XLTE was rolled out my phone uses this higher frequency band instead of the 700Mhz band 4G. The higher AWS frequencies has much shorter effective range from the cell tower so even though I'm connected at LTE, the speed is worse to on par with 3G speeds. I wish Verizon would allow a software switch to shut off this band until they can build out enough  cell tower density to make AWS (XLTE) work effectively as LTE does on the original 700 Mhz 4G band which our phones prefer not to use now. If I'm close (within a  half mile) of a Verizon tower, the speeds are what they use to be on 700 MHz 4G. I thought something was wrong with my phone and after having gone through the SIM card change out routine and nothing changing, it must be the range limitations of AWS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

4GorBust, thanks for these details. There's a number of variables that can be affecting the performance of your data speeds. Which make/model phone do you have? Have you powered your device off/on since having this issue?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Or Verizon could take responsibility for the failure(or success if this is what they planned) of their XLTE.  As mentioned in other posts I had an iPhone 5s in 50322 and maxed out at 1-3MB down, took the phone to rural western PA and at least got back to LTE speeds of 6-10 down, brought it back to 50322 and was back to 1-3MB.  This included multiple days of testing with multiple tests each day.

VERIZON, step up and tax responsibility for you "X"tra slow network, or are you ALREADY throttling??

0 Likes
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done as you ask, but no one has approved my request to follow so I can't send a direct message.

This is so bad.  I can't even make a phone call from my location.  We have to walk out into the parking lot. 

Please, please, do something about this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SallyPrice. I apologize that no one has sent you a request for a Follow. I have sent one out to you. Please accept the Follow, and DM back so we may assist with setting up a service ticket to have your area reviewed. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously, they should just close the forum.  No action is getting taken on anything.  Two different reps want direct messages, send, and nothing happens.

Lovely.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As far as direct messaging the reps here. Don't bother.

The forum is actually set up for customers to assist other customers. The reps give canned responses, or follow requests to deflect. Unfortunately in cases like yours no one here can assist for network issues

Go to any land line phone. 1-800-922-0204 and report the service outage or issues. Trying to get a signal issue fixed here is impossible. Think?

Good Luck

0 Likes
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

As Elector has mentioned, this support area is worthless.  Reps mention direct messaging them, but they will not do anything with it.

User beware, save your time.

jd1903

Sally,

Has your issue been fixed?  If not I would recommend filing a complaint with the FCC - FTC Complaint Assistant  Under mobile phones choose other.

Good Luck to us all

0 Likes