Connectivity is terrible after XLTE rollout
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

After XLTE rollout, connectivity has been terrible in my location (Johnston, IA).  My co-workers and I have all gone from 3-4 bars of 4G to everything ranging from 1 bar of 4g (but very slow), down to 3G, 1X and no data at all.

This is a mix of devices, but mine in particular is a Moto X.  Very frustrating to have a smart phone that has limited to no data access.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connectivity is terrible after XLTE rollout
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's an update on my situation.

1. Verizon support on this board is worse than worthless.  They SAY they will help you, to direct message them, but they never reply.  I think most threads die due to people realizing that they are talking to a faceless company.

2. My XLTE is back to fantastic, in no part because of this forum.  I'm fortunate that I work for a very large corporation that has big contracts with Verizon, and a higher up contacted Verizon and made them install boosters at our facility.

3. This website is worthless.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds like a strange situation SallyPrice! We would be delighted to look into this for you. What exact zip code are you noticing issues in? Do you only notice issues inside? Have you attempted to remove/reinsert the SIM Card on your device? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

50131 is the zip code.  The exact lat / long is (removed).  The problem is both inside and outside of the building.

I've removed / reinsert the SIM, and it is still a problem.  Right now, my setting screen says:

Signal Strength:

-80DBm 8asu

Mobile Network Type:

CDMA 1xRTT

Connectivity is terrible after XLTE rollout

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SallyPrice, let's get to the bottom of this together! Currently no reported outages in the area. Please test the connection in safe mode http://vz.to/1l390xH Have we had the opportunity to submit a ticket to our network team? Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

Booted into safe mode.  connection bounces between 1 bar 3G and 0 G.

No G connection:

Signal strength:

-96dBm 1asu

Mobile network type:

unknown

3G connection:

Signal strength:

-106 dBm 1asu (bounces up to 99asu)

Mobile network type:

CDMA -eHRPD

Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SallyPrice,

Thanks for the additional details, based on the parameters provided your service would be good for the 3G coverage. Have we opened a resolution ticket for your service issues? Is your software up to date?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes, I am by the super target on hwy 141, zip code 50322.

I have been complaining every since the rolled out(X for Extra Slow)XLTE.  My data speeds were twice as fast up and down before XLTE.  I know it is not my device because a few weeks ago I was in rural western Pennsylvania(Elderton) and surrounding townships and got great speeds.  No one is replying to my complaints, I don't think Verizon will care until it hits their pocket book.

IPhone 5S

0 Likes
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

No service ticket has been opened that I know of.

I can hardly make phone calls here, they either don't connect or drop out during the call.  I would think that Verizon can poll phones and see how their signal is, and would know about these issues.

So, how can I get better service at this location?

Thanks!    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SallyPrice

I appreciate you getting back to us! Have you been able to check if there are any software updates available for your device? Here's how you can check and install them: http://vz.to/1pkcy1x

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SallyPrice
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've checked my software; latest and greatest.

I'm seeing that this is going to go absolutely nowhere, which is too bad...  XLTE rollout, and an entire group of people at my workplace can't make phone calls on their Verizon devices. 

0 Likes