Connection has been terrible
jconfer

My service has been getting worse and worse. I thought maybe it was just something that was going to go away after a while, but it seems it will not. I have the Galaxy s3.

When i am in my house i get dropped calls and lose service all the time. I barely can use my phone when I am in my house. When i go outside i get a little bit of service, but not that much better. I used to always get good service inside and outside my house. Also, when I am at my girlfriends house I get terrible service. I used to get 4g in all these places. However, more often then not I have 3g or no service.

Also, on my way to work i used to not lose service at all. I will lose service a couple of times now. I have updated my phone and done factory resets. This has not resulted in any success. I also pulled the sim card and battery multiple times. I just can't seem to get better service.

When i was in Pittsburgh, I was even losing service.

My zip code is 16823. I can not figure out what has happened that my service has gotten so bad. I have tried everything i know to do.

Right now my phone have LTE service and only one bar. The signal strength says -110 dbm. It's lucky right now to have LTE. Sometimes if i restart my phone i will get LTE back for  a little while, but lose it again. It likes to flip back to 3g or no service.

My prl verisoin is 15319.

I hope this all helps you out. I have tried to give you enough information. I have been looking on this forum, but everywhere i look I don't see any solutions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connection has been terrible
nocoverageinpittsburg

I am having the same issue here in Pittsburgh 15214 area code. the last week  on my modem has been  no bars 4g then 3g then disconnect. have done all the teir 1 troubleshooting and no luck. only other option would be a new sim card. tried calling cs and they claimed no  alerts in the area. they trns me to tech but after 10 min I hung up...

0 Likes
jconfer

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I don't understand why it has been so bad. I was hoping to get an answer from someone on here. Just haven't heard anything yet. I will keep you updated if i find out anything. Let me know if you call back in and have any luck.

0 Likes
nocoverageinpittsburg

Yes I called customer service and got a hold of tech and they said there was no remedy tickets (trouble tickets) in that area the last 5 days.. they ordered me a sim card. if that doesn't work then I may have to research other options...

0 Likes
shadesofpurple
Enthusiast - Level 1

you are defiantly not alone. almost every call i make or receive is dropped. try to send text & i get to sit & watch that little circle go round & round seems like forever & then after i get dizzy from watching the circle i get the failed to send message. i am soooo sick of it. i have 3 lines, i pay over 200 a month for years now & I CAN'T EVEN TALK ON MY PHONE. I can not wait until my contracts are up, I am so fed up. I live in Texas & it's not just at home, but all over. Dallas, Ft. Worth, Wichita Falls.....EVERYWHERE! I have to go outside at my house to talk on the phone & I have to find a spot & be really still or the call drops & these leeches are charging an arm & leg for this crap.

0 Likes
jconfer

Still haven't heard any answer on here. No verizon person has even responded. Seems like a bunch of people are having problems. Verizon is there any answer to all these problems? Also, lately I have been asking my friend thats on AT&T about his service. We are sitting right beside each other and he has 4g and three bars, and I am sitting there with 3g and one bar, and sometimes no bars and no data.

0 Likes
jconfer

Why has no Verizon rep even responded on this? I see other threads got responses from them, but haven't seen anything yet still.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

jconfer wrote:

Why has no Verizon rep even responded on this? I see other threads got responses from them, but haven't seen anything yet still.

This is primarily a customer-to-customer forum.  While Verizon reps do occasionally respond to posts, it is not guaranteed and can be days after a post is posted.  The reps also only respond to threads marked as questions, and this one wasn't (and reposting to mark it as a question is considered a duplicate post and against the forum's Terms of Service). 

You may want to contact Customer Service and file a trouble ticket.

0 Likes
tatiana2178

I have the same problem. There are 3 android razors through Verizon in the same house (2 on one plan & 3rd on separate plan). All 3 of us have terrible internet service when using our data plans. Service goes from 3g to 1x to nothing or nothing at all. However, the front of the same neighborhood is 4g all the time with little to no interruptions in service. 6 blocks into the neighborhood service is terrible! We are in 23453 zip code in Virginia beach. Sick of paying $160 a month for 2 phones & service is greatly lacking!

0 Likes