Confused and disappointed
county_girl
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am new to verizon wireless and was switched over from my unicel plan.  My plan was for unlimited calling and texting for my phones.  When I was with unicel nothing else was accessible on my phones so no extra charges could occur.  I have extra charges on my phone bill for data usage with verizon and was rather upset that this was able to happen.  Unicel protected me from this happening.  Now with what I have I didn't have that protection and now have an extra 167.43 on my bill.  I'm devastated that this was allowed to happen.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Confused and disappointed
county_girl
Enthusiast - Level 2
What I meant by unicel protecting me from this happening was because when I asked for just the unlimited texting and calling that is what I was given.  There was no way to get on to anything else and it protected from my bill getting any higher.  I have asked verizon to put a block on the phones not to have it where anyone can get on anything that will set my bill any higher.  They still have not done this.  I have talked to them the last couple days and have been given no response. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sj

>  I have extra charges on my phone bill for data usage with verizon 

Did you use the data service? 

I don't understand what you mean by "Unicel protected me."  I'm guessing that you instructed Unicel to stop the data usage.  Did you instruct verizon to stop data service?

I have specifically instructed verizon to stop the data service, but they continue to charge me.

I'm wondering if this is how they keep the revenue.

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

If you're talking about Mobile Web or VCast, then there are blocks you can have placed on your line to prevent you from being charged for these.  If you still have a chance for that $167 overage, get the VCAST VPAK and have it backdated to cover your expense; however, that only works if the billing cycle has not completed, I believe.

To prevent it from happening in the future, make sure to sign up for My Verizon and add the feature blocks (they cost you nothing) for everything except texting and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
county_girl
Enthusiast - Level 2
What I meant by unicel protecting me from this happening was because when I asked for just the unlimited texting and calling that is what I was given.  There was no way to get on to anything else and it protected from my bill getting any higher.  I have asked verizon to put a block on the phones not to have it where anyone can get on anything that will set my bill any higher.  They still have not done this.  I have talked to them the last couple days and have been given no response. 
0 Likes
county_girl
Enthusiast - Level 2
This has not been solved!
0 Likes
county_girl
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have contacted the BBB, Better Business Bureau of my complaint on verizon wireless and would recommend anyone that is having a problem to do the same.  You can fill out a form on their web site that will have them investigate what they are doing to us the customers.
0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Have you called *611? Verizon does not automatically block things unless you ask them to.

You can also block some services though "My Account" online once you sign up. 

If it is found that you have actually accessed the data network (mobile web or downloads) then you may not get a refund. $167 extra is a lot of kilobites of usage, probably more than a few hours online. 

0 Likes
BradC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi country_girl. Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your service. The proper Verizon Wireless point of contact has been made aware of the issue and will be contacting you soon.

Good luck!

0 Likes