Confused about upgrade/cancelation
lewisdlmmt

I have a plan with 5 active lines.  One line is due for an upgrade.  This also happens to be contract end date.  I have another line I need to cancel.  My daughter moved and has her own plan now with straight talk.  I wanted to use the upgrade from the other line to cancel her line with out having to pay an early cancellation fee.  I was told I could not do that.  I tried to upgrade the one I needed canceled with the edge and I couldn't do that either because the phone for that line is damaged and I can't send it back.  Now I feel like I am stuck paying for something I can not use.  The one line that is eligible for and upgrade needs to be upgraded.  I was going to upgrade the one instead of cancelling it and then cancel the upgrade due line.  No matter what I try I am told I have to pay a fee.  It's $199 if I don't return a phone to do edge or $180 to cancel a line early.  Bottom line.  I need a line canceled and need to change one line to edge without having to pay a fee.   Is this asking for too much?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Confused about upgrade/cancelation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lewisdlmmt we'll find the best option! Do you know anyone that is interested in finishing your daughter's contract? If so, you can release the service through a process called Assumption of Liability to remove the line and avoid an Early Termination Fee.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Confused about upgrade/cancelation
Not applicable

Contracts are per line. If the line you want cancelled is not out of contract you'll have to pay the ETF. You can't swap contracts. The line out of contract can be upgraded with Edge and you do not have to turn in your device. You only turn in a device if you early edge up.

0 Likes