Confused about taking another lines upgrade!!!!
cfitz

January of last year, I took another phone on my line's upgrade. I can not upgrade my phone until January of 2014 (so a couple of months). The line that I took the upgrade from can not upgrade until April of 2014.... My question is is that when you take an upgrade from another line and use it does it get rid of two upgrades pretty much? I would think that it would just switch my line and the other line's upgrade times around. If someone could please answer this it would be awesome! My Iphone 4s is starting to act up and I don't know how much longer it will last me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Confused about taking another lines upgrade!!!!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The line that has the upgrade used has a new contract.  For example, if Line 1 has a contract end date of 9/1/13 and Line 2 has a contract end date of 4/1/14 ... if the upgrade for Line 1 is used today for Line 2, then Line 1 now has a contract end date of 9/29/15 and the contract for Line 2 is unchanged (i.e., their upgrade date is still 4/1/14).

0 Likes
cfitz

Thank you for all the help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Swapping upgrades between lines is always a great way to get an upgrade when it's more convenient for you. Tikibar1 had a great explaination of how that alternate upgrade works. I'm here to help with your current phone too! What's been going on with your iPhone 4s? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to it? Some of the most common quirks with an iPhone can be resolved by following the steps at www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/phone.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes