Configuring my email
floridacracker

I just got an LG Dare and added mobile web to my plan. I tried to set up my email acct. and it said invalid address. If I don't subscribe to the few they mention ( AOL, GMail, MSN, etc.) which I don't, I have Comcast, it said you can configure your own POP3 & IMAP acct. but it doesn't tell you how. Can someone with a LG Dare (or anyone for that matter) tell me how to do this, and please, in layman's terms, if you start talking tech you'll lose me.

Thanks in advance.

Mary

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Configuring my email
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

With configuring your comcast email via Mobile Email, you would need to get the SMTP server to setup in Mobile email. Otherwise, you could just check your Comcast Email w/ the web browser

0 Likes
floridacracker
See, that's what I mean by layman's terms, how do I get the SMTP server to setup?
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

SMTP is what your mail goes thru, its the server your stuff goes thru. You can contact comcast to get all of that information, just ask about what information you would need to setup your email through an email client, they should be able to walk you through all of it :robotvery-happy:

0 Likes
floridacracker
Thanks, Garet. Sorry to sound so stupid, I didn't know if I should contact Comcast (email acct.) or Verizon (cell acct.). You've helped me alot.
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
It was a perfectly well founded question. But Comcast will give you the necessary information to get it setup on your Mobile Email. Once you have that information, feel free to contact customer service to walk you thru the setup of this application.
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

The questions that you will need answers to are:

Username  =  The username for the account. You probably don't need help with this one.

Password  =  The Password for the account. You probably don't need help with this one.

Email access type  =  The email access type (e.g. - POP3). You may know this or Comcast can tell you this.

Incoming Mail Server  =  The incoming mail server address for the account. You may know this or Comcast can tell you this.

Incoming Port  =  The port number for the incoming mail server (e.g. - 110). Comcast can tell you this.

Security  =  The security option for the mail server (e.g. - SSL). Comcast can tell you this.

Outgoing Mail Server  =  The outgoing mail server address for the account. . You may know this or Comcast can tell you this.

Outgoing Port  =  The port number for the outgoing mail server (e.g. - 110). Comcast can tell you this.

Security  =  The security option for the mail server (e.g. - SSL). Comcast can tell you this.

You may also be able to get this information by checking your account setup in the email program on your computer.

0 Likes