Re: Complaint
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am truly sorry for the experience you had with us, MICH-B. I want to do everything I can to help turn this around. I sent you a private message and I look forward to your response.

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Likes
BLUDREAMYGIRL2323
Enthusiast - Level 2

MICH-B,

I am having the EXACT same issues as you. I was with AT&T. My husband and I had 2 G-10 phones practically brand new, that we mailed to Verizon in the understanding we would get fully reimbursed.

Not gonna happen. They are giving me a $300.00 bill credit by way of $12.93 off my bill for 2 yrs!!! What??? I am so frustrated with this company. We are older and trying to buy a home to live out the rest of our lives. If AT&T doesn't get the full $1500.00 we owe they will turn us to collections which will ruin our credit and we won't be able to buy a home, so I'm incredibly frustrated. We were PROMISED we would pay NO out of pocket expenses!!!! And AT&T will not make a payment arrangement with us although we had been great customers for 3 yrs, never even late with a payment. So I don't know what we'll do now. They make me want to stick my head in the oven ugh!

Good luck to you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you fully understand the promotion?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BLUDREAMYGIRL2323
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think we understood any of it. We were promised we would not have to pay anything out of pocket.

I'm just so frustrated at this point, I don't know what I'll do. I've tried to make payments to AT&T several times and they refused. In the meanwhile Verizon said they would be mailing out the card for  $475.00 but that's just for one phone, we had 2 phones . Very expensive as At&t is charging us 595 per phone. I just got off the phone with them, they said we could be turned over to collections anytime. I am beyond upset I'm suicidal. If that goes on our credit...the credit we have worked so hard for..if it gets turned over, there goes any chance we have at buying a home. I've been in tears all day over this. We are older and just didn't understand I guess. Thank you

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Do you have a 0% interest credit card? Pay AT&T with that and make the monthly payments to the credit card company. AT&T is paid in full and you get to pay it in payments. Both parties are happy.

BLUDREAMYGIRL2323
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I wrote the above email, I called Verizon back to inquire about the $475 card I was supposed to get and to find out about the other phone I traded in. I was put on hold over and over and over. The rep finally tells me they mailed it the 28th. What about the other $600 phone I gave you guys? Oh oops our mistake.  We had to manually put it in so it's gonna take till next month before we will mail it out..sorry. He said it was only going to be for $300. So that's 775 they paid and I'm on the hook for the remaining $850 and that's IF I get any card at all. These ppl have told me so many LIES. Oh and yes I get a $300 bill credit. BUT you will get it in the form of a $12.95 bill credit per month for 2 years!! I can't believe it. The salesmen said oh and we reimburse some of the money we promise to help you pay your AT&T bill. Great! We were thinking it would be like 100 off a month. NOT $12.95 For 2 yrs!! I then asked to speak with a manager.  So this snotty woman gets on and explains the bill credit to me again. I told her THAT IS SO DECEPTIVE! HOW CAN SHE SLEEP AT NIGHT?? Then she tells me they are only going to pay $80 on the other phone. It's a brand new V-10 ! I told her AT&T is charging me $600 for it!! How can it be worth just 80 bucks???? Then silence then she says oh the battery was damaged! I blew up again. There was not a [removed] thing wrong with that phone. It was brand new!! Their word against mine. I've gone round and round about the phone being only 80 since Nov! When I did the device trade in...that's what they said they would give me for the phone. So I didn't submit it and called the salesman we who sold us this [removed]. He said oh don't worry  you will get the rest back in a gift card on the "other end". So he said just go ahead and submit it and send the phone in. So I did. I called Verizon a few days after that just to confirm. The guy on the other end had me so confused I couldn't see straight. He said the $80 was a different PROMO and that I would be getting paid the full value of the phone. He insulted me, accused me of not wanting to pay my bill and kept telling me ( which is totally wrong) that I wouldn't get the money they would give it directly to AT@T!! Omg everytime I call I get a different answer. So fast forward back to yesterday. The lady asked me why I sent the phone in if I was dissatisfied with the trade in amount. Ugh!! I said because the other rep said it was a promo! So by the end of conversation she informed me they would not pay what they promised! So we madly run around and scrape up the money to pay AT&T.  I called the billing dep to find out they have already turned it into collections! The At&t lady said to call back in 3 to 5 days and they would give me the number to the collections. They don't know it right now??! She said oh if you pay them right away they won't report it to the crediters. Omg I can't believe anything any tells me. If they ruined our chance of financing a home I don't know what I'll do. I feel like I've been through a war. I was on the phone from 11am until 2pm arguing crying and pleading. I think I'll call the FCC and any one else who will listen  this has got to STOP. THEY ARE LYING TO PEOPLE! WE ARE OLDER AND CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE FROM THESE LIARS. MAYBE THE BBB WILL LISTEN. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

While I do understand how you feel, you stated that you did not understand the promotion to begin with. Why would you buy something on a promotion that you didn't understand.

The way I understand this promotion is that you switch from another carrier and trade in your device.

If you do this in a corporate store, VZW gives you a credit of what the appraisal of the device is worth on your purchase that day. Then you submit your final bill from your previous carrier online to show the balance owed on any device. You then receive a credit on your bill for the amount owed on your device minus what you were given in store up to $650 broken up into 24 monthly credits. So if you owed $300 on your device and were given $220 at the time of purchase you would get $80 in bill credits. If you owed $700 on a device and were given $200 on a trade in you would only get $450 in credits.

These buyout programs have been around for a while. They have recently changed and become more prominent. Until recently they didn't pay off the amount you owe on any devices. One thing that NEVER did was pay your old carrier directly. Switching customers have ALWAYS been responsible for paying that bill. The reason is it takes a few weeks to get the final bill from the old carrier with all outstanding charges plus it takes another few weeks to get the credits from the new carrier.

Sad but none of the details are hidden. I am still baffled by customers who do not do their full research on promotions before buying.

0 Likes
BLUDREAMYGIRL2323
Enthusiast - Level 2

You sound just like they do. You must work for them or something. I'll tell YOU a few things, when I TOLD THEM I WAS CONFUSSED THEY SAID, WELL WAIT TILL YOU GET ON THE PC AND GO TO THE WEB SITE TO HAVE YOUR PHONES VALUED AND IT WILL MAKE SENSE TO YOU THEN!!! I REPEATEDLY ASKED THEM IF I WAS GOING TO GET STUCK WITH A HUGE PHONE BILL., THEY REPEATEDLY TOLD ME AND MY HUSBAND NO! YOU WILL NOT GET STUCK WITH A HUGE PHONE BILL IN FACT YOU WONT AT@T ANYTHING AFTER WE GET DONE GIVING YOU REBTES AND PREPAID VISA. CARDS!!!  I KNOW I SAIDIT MORE THEN ONCE ......I AM AFRAID I WILL GET STUCK WITH A HUGE BILL!!!!!!!!!!!! People at Verizon told the very same thing when I was calling and trying to get someone to explain things to me. I WILL TELL YOU MORE THEN 3 REPS TOLD ME 3 DIFFERENT TIMES I WOULD HAVE NO TO LITTLE OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES!!! HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT???? BECAUSE HAD I KNOWN I NEVER EVER WOULD HAVE SWITCHED!!!! I WAS LIED TO AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS LYING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! I AM GOING TO FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION AND THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS !!!!!! THIS IS NOT OVER! HOW DECEPTIVE TO MAKE YOU THINK YOU WILL GET BILL CREDITS" TO HELP YOU PAY YOUR BILL and I quote ! ONLY TO FIND OUT YOU GET BILL CREDITS, BUT AT 12.00 a MONTH FOR 2 YEARS IS DECEPTIVE!!!! THEN THE OTHER LIES ABOUT THE PHONE I TURNED IN! THE $600 PHONE THEY ONLY WILL GIVE ME $80 FOR!!!!!! AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE SAYS OH THE BATTERY IS DAMAGED! FIRST I HEARD THAT! I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM SINCE I TURNED IT IN AND AT NO TIME DID THEY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE BATTERY!  ITS sSOOOOO [removed] COMPLICATED AND THEY MAKE IT THAT WAY TO CONFUSE THE [removed] OUT OF YOU AND THE RIP YOU OFF!!!! NOT TAKING THIS!!!!!!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So here is the deal:

1. I do not work for Verizon Wireless. Why does everyone think that when a community member tells them the truth about a situation they're an employee?

2. Verizon is giving you what was promised. What difference does it make if the give you one big bill credit or 24 small ones? If you stay with them you get the full credit. If you don't you get nothing.

3. BEFORE redeeming any promotions you should read the details of said promotion. You can't get all of the information from the bold print.

4. Here are the details- Verizon Wireless: ETF