Complaint
KEVIN020576
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family and I switched to verizon about 2 months ago. We were promised at the verizon store that one of the four lines that was still under contract could be broken using the $650 dollar switch carriers promo. For that line 2 be broken would be $622 dollars. We brought the bill  from the older phone carrier 2 the verizon store that we purchased the plan and phones from and the verizon  manager there at the store submitted the bill for us at the store. We were happy with verizon up 2 this point, other then verizon  making a promise about autopay  that didn't come thru, that this nightmare beings and I do mean nightmare. I have been on the phone hours and hours  with numerous and nurmous conversations  with tech support, mangers, about not receiving the right amount on the visa card I received. Even received a direct phone line from a verizon supervisor that kept in touch with me for five days after apologizing on behalf of verizon, that then decide 2 stop contact with me. This was after going in circles with verizon that I decided to drive up to my older phone carrier and have a representative from there talk directly 2 the verizon supervisor. Went 2 the verizon store and had the sales rep that we purchased the plan from call into verizon and fix the situation and we are still having problems. So in short, that line was $622, we got credit for $215 for the phone that we turned in, received a $82 dollar gift card 6 weeks later, that equals $297. So we are off $325 dollars that my family and me have 2 eat. We are just going to chalk this up that verizon doesn't care about there costumers because they have had numerous times 2 fix this over the course of a month and resolve the mess they created.  So in short my family and I have decided 2 switch 2 At&t, just wanted 2 share my short time with verizon. WHAT A MESS!!!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Complaint
KEVIN020576
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happy 2 report that verizon came thru and credited me the money I was owed. The situation has been resolved.

View solution in original post

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

There are requirements for you to redeem these promotions.

Did you trade in a phone and how much were you given for the trade in?

Did you go to the website that is required to submit your paperwork?

Verizon does not (nor does any carrier) pay your old carrier directly. You must pay them and Verizon will issue you a Visa card for the amount of your pay off up to $650 minus what you were given when you traded in the old phone.

0 Likes
KEVIN020576
Enthusiast - Level 2

You obviously did not read my complaint. In the complaint it says I got credited $215 for the phone we are trading in. Your 2 question that was already  answered in the complaint. The older phone carriers bill was brought 2 the verizon manager by me and he submitted it, I'm assuming u guys hire managers that our capable 2 do there manager job.. We received a card at our house for the wrong amount $82 dollars. We are off $325 dollars. Do not respond back if ur going 2 give me a line from ur scripted. My family and I have made the decision to switch phone companies. My advice 2 verizon, get ur [Removed] together

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First, I am NOT a Verizon employee.

Second, YOU should be submitting all of the paperwork NOT a store employee.

I guess you should cal Verizon and handle this with them.

0 Likes
KEVIN020576
Enthusiast - Level 2

When some1 joins verizon and the sales rep and store manager tells you 2 bring them the  bill of the other phone carrier  2 them so they can submit it, that's what you do. Secondly, you are speaking in this message board like u are in some way EMPLOYED BY VERIZON. Not trying 2 be rude 2 u, but if it's true that you are not with verizon, I don't need you giving me advice. Also already been 2 verizon like I explained in my very first paragraph, the store manager and the sales rep I'm am dealing with at the store are having a hard time with verizon costumer service correcting the situation.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't speak like I am a Verizon employee.

Also, you posted on a PUBLIC community. You are more likely to get responses from other customers waaaay before you get a response from a VZW rep.

It is not the store rep's or manager's responsibility to solve this for you. It is yours. If they aren't getting results then you need to step in and make the calls on your own behalf.

KEVIN020576
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alright just like u have opinions, I do 2. U sure are defending verizon an awful lot 2 not be employed by them. Verizon store manager submitted the bill, it's his job 2 see it thru. He was the one that said bring the bill 2 him. So u are wrong there. He caused the problem, he fixes the problem. I can honestly say if you were in my shoes and u brought ur business 2 an establishment, and the manager messed up the deal, u would hold him responsible. That's why I'm saying u are defending verizon an awful lot,so I think ur more involved then ur saying. The best part,  the manager gets on the phone with verizon 2 tell them they messed up and they still won't solve the problem. So ur saying manager messed up, verizon messed up, costumers fault. Done dealing with u.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Think what you like.

It is ultimately YOUR responsibility to make sure that all promotion requirements are met in order to redeem said promotion. You may be done dealing with me but I see no other community member offering advice.

CALL VERIZON FOR YOURSELF.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You are not the first one to have this type of problem with this promo. There are a lot of them on this forum

from people who did not understand the promo or did not read the fine print and yes there were some that were just lied to by an employee that did not understand the promo their self. I hope you get this straighten

out. Please keep us updated on how you make out

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEVIN020576, we always want to make sure all our customers receive the correct amount for their promotions.  Let’s go over this together.  We have sent you a private message to go into more detail together.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes