Combining Edge and 2 year contract accounts
tatahunter

My husband and I have 2 separate accounts.  Mine is a Verizon Edge account.  His is a 2 year contract account.  Can we combine the two?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Combining Edge and 2 year contract accounts
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, you would have to perform an AOL(assumption of liability) for his line. He can' t do it for your line since you have an Edge agreement.

If he is receiving any discounts thru his employer, he would no longer get those as he would no longer be the account owner.

Any discounts you receive would still be valid.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, you would have to perform an AOL(assumption of liability) for his line. He can' t do it for your line since you have an Edge agreement.

If he is receiving any discounts thru his employer, he would no longer get those as he would no longer be the account owner.

Any discounts you receive would still be valid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question tathunter. You absolutely can combine the two accounts together by a process called an Assumption of Liability (AOL). They will move over one of the lines to other account. The line that is moved over, will retain contract end date, upgrade date, etc. No changes will be made to that line. There is a process to get this done. You will want to call customer service first. And let them know that you are authorizing your husband to take over your line, or he would call and authorize you to take over his line. Then our AOL team would be called next at 888-832-4540 to complete the transfer. You can also stop in at a store to get this done, whichever works easiest for you. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes