Cloud Annoying Texts 620-0
lisatomgray

I have Verizon Cloud for iPhone 5 and every time I backup to Cloud I receive DOZENS of annoying and meaningless text messages.

Today after a backup I received 16 MESSAGES!

They all say about the same thing except the content after "CONT=" varies. The texts all come from 620-0, here is an example:

//F1

TYPE=SAS;UI=1;CONT=,,,;

How do I turn this off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud Annoying Texts 620-0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Lisatomgray. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the text messages you have been receiving. The texts alerts are likely from the Backup Assistant Plus service that assists with email back up. I recommend checking your features list via My Verizon, and just canceling the Backup Assistant Plus portion. Leave the standard Backup Assistant which is for contacts. This will stop the text messages from coming through.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lisatomgray

We are on a family share or MORE everything plan so we have Verizon Cloud. I don’t see Backup Assistant or Backup Assistant Plus as one of our features.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lisatomgray

Thanks for confirming!  I would like to review your account to see what can be done to stop these messages.  Please accept my "Follow" request, "Follow" me back and send me a Direct Message so that I can further review.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
rgriffin48

I just signed up for the Verizon cloud service since its part of the plan and now we are getting this same message from 620-0 //Brew:0x01017246:type=sas;ui=1;cont=144,14,0;  We got six of these same messages at 7:54am today.  I guess I will just turn off this service until Verizon works out all the bugs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rgriffin48,

This is strange but we don't want you to miss out on taking advantage of this free service! Which make/model phone do you have? Did you use Backup Assistant previously?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rgriffin48

Iphone5  with IOS8.0  Did not use any Verizon Backup Assistant programs previously. Enabled the Verizon cloud feature yesterday after finding out it is now part of the More Everything Plan. Doing a google search it appears that this is a known Verizon issue, there are a lot of complaints about messages from 620-0 including the original post that started this. I don't see a resolution to the original poster complaint here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for offering these details, rgriffin48. Have you checked My Verizon online for Backup Assistant features that may have been auto-added? If they are present please remove these features.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follwo us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes