Civil discourse and Damage Control
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

The top tweet for VZ this morning has switched from sales pitch to damage control. So much fanfare surrounding this issue had us all wondering what it would look like,and now that we know, it's back to SSDD. CS reps didn't even have time to get up to speed (if they ever would have) on touting the new plan, and now they shift gears to assuring people they won't be strong armed over to this unmitigated disaster of an idea. You see, the concept is sound, but the numbers don't add up in a beneficial way for the vast majority of us. So it seems fair to say that this company spent a gazillion bucks to court a few individuals onto it, OR someone spun a wheel and this is where it stopped. Maybe the marketing geniuses had the chart upside down, but the most likely answer is that is was an unabashed money grab with lipstick. Verizon has over the years had the habit of inventing new plans and gradually phasing out the previous plans, so time is not on our side. Even if they don't force us now, they can (and in my opinion will) simply phase out our current plans over time and where does that leave us. Anyway, I have seen the new video promo (online) although I doubt whether it will ever see the light of (TV) day. Let's just all act like it never happened like our drunk uncle telling an off color joke in front of the minister.

I have for the most part benefited from my experience here on the forums, where I see the purpose as civil discourse and sharing of ideas and opinions. You know what they say about opinions .. . anyway viewpoints are subjective and so is benefit, it might work for you, and not me. I can weather counterpoints to my opinion without taking it personally, but I would rather compare viewpoints as oppose to the idea of us shooting down each others opinions. The validity of your thoughts don't invalidate mine, and while every venue of expression in our society has it's 'snipers' , the real value of  discussion is in pooling ideas, rather than upstaging the other person with jabs and groin kicks. We should offer facts as they stand but the true value of forums is in coalescing around common ground. The company that has provided me with mobile communication capabilities (for a healthy price) has gone beyond the realm of acceptable and fair offerings with their new plan. I will join what seems to be the overwhelming majority of customers and reject it. I have hoped and continue to hope that someone at verizon is watching what we have to say here, because this is a teaching moment . . . for us all.

A very honest but simple and plain country gentleman (whose hobby was horse trading) once said to me  "I won't rip you off"  but "I will let you rip yourself off"  BEWARE CONSUMERS   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Civil discourse and Damage Control
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

as stated in a previous reply to you.

Why would a company come out with plan that would reduce most customers bills? It's a pricing plan for those that don't have or use very much data to entice them to use more or get more data on more lines. As more people adapt to using there phone for data the more data will be used and more people will become dependant on it. Thus they will need to purchase more data.

0 Likes
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

lewisr13   while I can't disagree with your basic reasoning, my objection is in being charged more for the data, hence my rejection of it . . . nuff said  (on my part) 

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

How are you being charged more for data? You don't have to change plans.

0 Likes
destructor
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Why would a company come out with plan that would reduce most customers bills"

Because then maybe existing customers would recommend them to their friends/family/colleagues/etc. I used to recommend Verizon to anyone I knew. After this latest change, I can no longer do that. It's a ripoff money grab plain & simple and it's BS. They could make a lot more money off recommendations than they would off milking the existing customers.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

They're not milking existing customers, NOBODY has to switch from what they have. It's an enticement for existing customers that have a family plan and are high minute users but don't have lines using data, to go to data.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lewisr13 wrote:

They're not milking existing customers, NOBODY has to switch from what they have.

Right now that is.  Who's to say what Verizon decides in a year or two.  New customers will already be limited to the Share Everything plans so Verizon is eventually going to want everybody on them.  Hopefully Verizon offers some better incentives down the road.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Agreed, I'll worry about that bridge later. I'm sure several other things will change by then as well. I'm sure there'll be better incentives down the road.

0 Likes
destructor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right, but if I want to upgrade to a new device, I HAVE to switch to the new tiered plans or pay full retail for the device. Neither of which I want to do, so I am screwed out of ever getting a new device if I stick with Verizon.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

New customers will already be limited to the Share Everything plans so Verizon is eventually going to want everybody on them.  Hopefully Verizon offers some better incentives down the road.

Even individual new users?

0 Likes