Chat session fail!
wbp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was in the middle of a chat session with Matt C. I was shopping for a new phone for my son. I had decided to go ahead and order. I had  just replied to a question, and then saw this:

Matt C: Since I have not heard from you for several minutes I am

going to have to end the chat session. If  you need further assistance

please open another chat session so that we may make sure you

receive all of the assistance you need.

I had been in an active conversation, the entries were just seconds apart.

The Chat button is hidden now, so I can't get back on.

This is really really stupid. What a way to treat a customer...

W B Phelps

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Chat session fail!
Not applicable

Why chat? call 800-922-0204 and talk to the sales department. Or go to http://www.verizonwireless.com and use their order page. or from a cell phone *611 same thing just talk to sales.

And finally walk into a Verizon Wireless Corporate store (not a reseller) and get what you want from them.

If you don't have unlimited data and you want to save a few bucks, then use a reseller like Best Buy, or Walmarts etc.

Good Luck

0 Likes
wbp
Enthusiast - Level 3

none of your suggestions help to resolve this problem!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've used the chat feature several times without an issue, other than not receiving a copy of a transcript.  But even that was corrected via another chat session.  Not to take up for Verizon when I don't know the particulars, but maybe they had your chat session confused with another and ended yours by mistake?  Maybe there was a glitch in the chat session?  Maybe the rep had something else to address?  Regardless, mistakes do sometimes happen.  If it were me, I'd be inclined to try another chat session and start it off by expressing my displeasure with what happened the last time I tried chat.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am not going to fix a chat session. Too many variables as to what happened. The reasons Tiki gave are valid. However it could be your computer, your internet connection, a spike on the web, a mistake via hitting the end button on verizons end, or if the button is greyed out my first impression is loss of connection from your computer or tablet.

If you want to get service the solutions or suggestions I gave are your next steps. Chat is the least reliable of all.

Good Luck

0 Likes
wbp
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I'm done here. I guess you guys can't read. I was in a chat session. it was working and we were exchanging information, 2 or 3 times a minute, and out of no where it said "I have not heard from you in several minutes". That's just plain broken. It wasn't my internet connection, or there would have been no message at all.

This isn't about how to get help. I did that. It's about Chat being broken. There isn't any other way to report this, so I'm posting it here.

So long, I'm gone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Call and ask for verizon web services. You can report the problem to them there.

There use to be a clickable link to repirt verizons web pirtal issues.

0 Likes