Charged for old plan for how long?
SlappyHines

I have been a Verizon customer for at least three years, and have been paying approximately 90 dollars a month for a 1gig data plan.  Today I see where the same plan is now 50 dollars, including a 20 dollar smartphone charge, for which my plan charges 40 dollars.

How long were you going to let me go like this?  This is an unconscionable business practice.  Over the life of my service, how much extra money have you made off of me by simply keeping me uninformed?

Shame shame on you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for old plan for how long?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keeping you uninformed?  The new plans are right there, on the website. I've gotten mailed notices of the plan changes.  You can change your plan at any time.  The only one keeping you uninformed is you.

The smartphone charge of $20 applies only if you are out of contract; if you are still in a contract the fee will be $40 till the contract is over, then it drops to $20.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You would still be paying $90 a month.  $50 for data and $40 for the in contract line fee.

0 Likes
crapshoot

try to get out of it, I tried to switch to a prepaid plan only 45 bucks. was told had to talk to some guy that tells me I can't switch cause i have a grandfather plan (I guess grandfathers have more money and have to pay double). then I do an online chat they tell me I have to call the same clown show.

I guess at this point I have to bite the bullet and buy a new phone and move to another carrier (cause the verizon phone is special I guess).

Verizon is worse than a 60's used car dealer with a 30 ft warranty.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Think you misunderstood, or the rep used incorrect language.

All customers have to buy their phones.

Prepaid customs must pay full retail cost up front.  No subsidy and no finance options for prepaid.

You are paying for yours as a subsidised 2 year contract. 

THe reason you can't drop your current plan without paying an early termination fee is you are still paying off a phone.

ONce your 2 years is complete you can switch to any service with no penalty.

THis is not a Verizon specific policy.  All carriers have the same requirements.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Pay attention when you sign up for new service.  You will be quoted service only.  Phones are not included in the fees.  Bring a calculator and do the math to make sure you understand all the charges involved.

Service is not equal.  Which is why some carriers are cheaper - they have lousy coverage.

0 Likes
crapshoot

my contract was up months ago, the phone was prepaid smartphone. the rep told me i had some grandfathered plan and had to stay with it. 90 bucks a month with limited minutes limited texts and 1g bandwidth. said while chuckling we haven't offered that plan in like 5 years. I owe them nothing, for sopme reason At&t can't transfer the phone from verizon. so My choices are buy a new phone and go to at&t, loose my number (which is the number contacts from the last many years have) and get a walmart phone, or bend over and get raped by the big V.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Someone is confused....

IF you are not under a contract, you can switch to a different plan. 

I Don't know who you talked to, but please speak to a Verizon employee and ask to switch to prepaid.

AS I wrote before, you do not get a phone with prepaid.  You have to buy your own phone at full cost.

GIven the circular conversation here, I suspect it didn't go any better in the store.  You don't understand what you are asking for and neither do the employees.

0 Likes
crapshoot

I'm not going to a store I do not haave that kind of time. I just want someone to convert my billing to prepaid, can't do it in my account, cant do it with chat, have to talk to someone on the phone which tells me I cant do it.

I am literally stressing over this.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Can tell.  It's a bit more than convert billing.  your number has to be ported, no big deal, but I think prepaid requires a different SIM card.  You can use your current phone, which saves you from having to buy a new one.

THey may be able to mail a SIM card.

0 Likes