Re: Charged for Returned Phone
Rod2218

Were you able to get this resolved?! I’m dealing with it now!!!

0 Likes
jfogarty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an issue with being charged $329 for a return phone that they said had 'mechanical damage'.  The phone did not work and I returned it.  I have read so many posts of Verizon scamming people this way.  I have already done the runaround with online reps.  What a joke.  They think we are all fools. 

I am going to go 'old school'.  I am going to picket my local verizon store this weeked.  If I don't get my charge erased as a result at least I will bring awareness and doubt to Verizon customers on this scam verizon is trying to pull.  

If everyone would get out and picket this company appropriately... I think we can make a difference.  I called the South Windsor, CT police department and they told me where I could picket without getting arrested.  I will find at least an hour in every weekend day until this is cleared up, until I feel enough Verizon customers have seen my signs, or until I stop fuming over this scam.

PaulWalla

I have the exact same problem. UPS says my device was received in Texas by Verizon last week. Yet I kept getting emails and texts saying NOT RECEIVED. I called last week and the rep checked and said, it's ok we got it. Yet TODAY, 1 week later I got another email saying NOT RECEIVED AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED. I am ready to switch carriers. How can I get this fixed if the help line fails to do so?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help you! Please view your Private Messages for support in this matter. We are here to help.BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
caseyleeannn

I am currently dealing with the same issue as well. I returned my old phone over a month ago and after reviewing my statement for this upcoming bill I have a charge on my account for $381 - the remaining balance of the old phone, because verizon apparantly has not recieved it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

caseyleeannn, As a consumer myself, I never like to see unexpected charges appear on my bill. We can definitely address your device charge matter. Did you confirm via your tracking detail that the device was returned to us? Have you spoken to our customer support teams so that a trace on the returned Device ID could be performed to check if our warehouse did actually show the device as being received in order to remove the charge?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Cdourney
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing happened to me.

I’m being charged a Verizon payment plan monthly for a phone I purchased OUTRIGHT and paid full price for at Apple.

I have the receipt from apple showing I paid full price. I’ve gone in to a Verizon store and showed them and called once a week for the last TWO MONTHS. I have even multiple times called customer service with Apple on the line and Apple has confirmed I paid the full value of the phone.

Each week I am assured the issue is resolved and it still isn’t.

Most recently I was told there is nothing they can do. Now on my next bill there is a charge for $713 - the remaining value of the phone after two months of payments.

Verizon is COMPLETE FRAUD and is charging me for a phone I have already paid FULL RETAIL VALUE for. 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes