Charged for Returned Phone
LEXIS005
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded my iphone 7 to note 8 in September.  I received the note 8 on 9/5 and returned the iphone 7 on 9/7 and it was delivered to and signed by Verizon on 9/11.  I got my October bill and I was charged $485 not not returning my phone.  I called Verizon and the rep saw that the phone was returned to their warehouse in TX.  But they still charged me.  Verizon is terrible treating customer like this.  I did everything I was supposed to do and they dropped the ball.  Because of their error, I am the who has to suffer.  Verizon do not care about their customers. 

Labels (1)
Re: Charged for Returned Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never do you wrong LEXIS005 or charge your incorrectly. We care about our customers because your business is important to us. If your order was returned back to our warehouse, you should not be charged. Did our representative process an investigation to ensure the phone was returned so that we may credit the amount?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEXIS005
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes They started the investigation.  Your system even stated it was returned.  I had take the time out of day to prove that I sent it back with a copy of the tracking info where the phone was delivered to your warehouse on 9/11 in texas.  Customer should not have to go through this especially when your system it agreed it was returned.  It should have never been charged in the first place.

Absolutely terrible customer service.

WE4
Enthusiast - Level 2

LEXIS005,

Was your issue ever resolved?

I'm in the same boat, I just got off the phone with customer service again.  I think this has been the 5th or 6th contact I've made with Verizon about an iPhone we returned to them that was received in the Fort Worth TX warehouse on 9/22/2017 at 9:49 AM.

They never dispute they have the iPhone but for some reason every time I contact someone I am told wait for a period of time for the credit to be made to the account.  I wait and it never happens.  This time I spoke with a person in finance, same story wait 48 to 72 hours for a credit...

Here it is December and I have an outstanding charge on my bill that no one at Verizon I speak with thinks is appropriate for the phone returned back in September yet no one I have contacted can correct it!

It may be time to switch back to our previous carrier, my phone which has always been on Verizon should be updated anyhow...

WE4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found this posted by someone else so maybe it is the next step?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

happyox

I am having the same problem.  Has your problem been resolved yet?  If so, how did you do it?

0 Likes
WE4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good question, I'm not sure yet...

I kept calling, chatting with customer service on an almost daily basis to get a bill I thought was close in December. It still had the charge for the non-returned phone on it (which was returned, no dispute about that) but seems to have been credited so I paid what seemed to be a sort of correct amount.

I can't currently see the next bill on the website and there is a notice on the phone app for Verizon that our payment due date is changing, when I look at the "next bill" there is a negative bill amount over $500 so who knows what that means.

I hope this does not drag on into 2018 and I'll try to remember to update things moving forward.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
JESGOH78

The exact same thing happened to me in August. Except my sitution became worse in November. I was calling and filing tickets and being issued credits for THEIR mistake (which they confirmed the device was returned to the warehouse); but the credit would just never go thRough. In November I got a guy on the phone who was determined to fix it for me right then and there. I thought it was fixed- until the next month I got 2 bills. 1 of Those bills was over $1500. It turns out he disconnected my 2 lines and out them on a new billing account number. So that $1500 bill is now for multiple buyout fees and contract cancellation fees. I never cancelled any plans. I never go get out any phones. Now I’m concerned this is going to effect my crEdit. I called and spoke to someone last week who couldn’t believe this happened and issued a ticket to try and solve it. I’m assuming it won’t be fixed, as I have learned in the past. My next step is to talk to a lawyer in order to resolve this. It blows my mind that they just would t take off the original incorrect buyout Fee and 6 months later I am still fighting this.

0 Likes
WE4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hang in there...  I think we are finally straight on our returned phone with Verizon.

Our most recent bill after they changed our billing date for some reason seems to be correct.

That said, I probably should be too sure until we get two correct bills in a row. 8-)

0 Likes
JESGOH78

I did receive a $700 "inconvenience credit" on the new billing account., which i am beyond owed that amount of money and more for the hours I've spend trying to rectify this.

But i still have the original billing account with a $1,500 balance on it. You'd think if they were able to issue that credit they could have just done so on the original account and i would be good now, instead of still fighting even MORE charges. It's unbelievable. These charges are false and not even valid. It's like getting a $1,500 bill for a service that you didn't ask for and/or didn't receive. And then being threatened to have that bill sent to collections.

It's stressful, its frustrating, and i feel like i have no options and im just completely out of luck here. I'm currently compiling all of my information to present to a lawyer. I'm over trying to deal with customer service.

0 Likes