Chaperone now called Family Locator - Fixes alert problem and now works with PDA and Blackberry
eBalut

Hi all,

We recently reactivated the Chaperone service on my daughters phone for the school year.  The rep on the phone had trouble finding the feature at first, because they renamed it to "Family Locator".  He wasn't aware of any changes and until today, the link to the web site for locating the phone and changing settings worked.  However, there is a new website URL at:

http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_familylocator

Additionally, Verizon finally got the service working like it is supposed to.  Here is a link to the FAQ for changes between Chaperone and Family Locator.  Note #13 as you apparently no longer need the Parent application on your phone and you won't get audible text alerts until you delete the parent application.  I am out of town and haven't verified this with my wife yet, but will update this post if something needs correction:

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/family_locator.html#item53

This is great for us as the text message thing was broken with Chaperone Parent version 2.0 and now I can locate my daughter via my PDA phone.  Hope this info is helpful.  Not sure if Verizon is going to send all us Chaperone folks any notice of the change, but I would expect them to...

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Chaperone now called Family Locator - Fixes alert problem and now works with PDA and Blackberry
troublewvz

Since the switch from Chaperone to Family Locator, I can no longer see the map associated with my child's location.  I only see an attivar on a circle.  The address shows up when I move my curser over the attivar, but still, no map.  Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Chaperone now called Family Locator - Fixes alert problem and now works with PDA and Blackberry
eBalut

Scroll out the scale a bit (use the minus sign in the magnifying glass icon near the left side of the map view).  You can also select Aerial or Birds Eye view along the top of the map.

0 Likes
tacony

Is there a complete compatible phone list other than recent phones? I have a couple of old phone(razor,z6tv) I would like to use?

0 Likes
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Troublewvz,

Please login with fl.vzw.com with your LOCATOR login and password and you should be able to view three different zoom levels of map on your pda.

If you go to familylocator.vzw.com on your pda the map may or may not show up on it, as that is optimized for PC use, and that is why you may not see the map on your PDA.

Thanks,

Leonard M

0 Likes
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Tacony,

There is a compatible phone list.

Please visit http://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/index.html?lid=//global//entertainment+and+... and click "View compatible phones at the bottom"

Thanks

Leonard M

0 Likes