Changing primary number?
Helioterapia

I'm on a family plan with my parents and my mom is the primary. My dada phone broke and he needs a new one but my mom is really sick right now. She is in the hospital and is sedated. An employee at the verizon store I went to said she would have to be there to get the new phones since she is the primary. I was wondering if there is any way that I can make my phone the primary for the time being.

Thanks,

John

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing primary number?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

John,

Sorry to hear about the situation.

The issue is not whose number is listed as the primary number on the account. It is about who is authorized to sign contracts and purchase new equipment. If your mother is the only one listed on the account as authorized this may present a problem. However, if you have access to the online account as the account owner you can add account managers. This will allow you to go into the store and purchase a new device. When you sign into your account online it will say Welcome, (your name). Immediately to the right it will say you are the account owner. If it does not say this you must sign in with the username (mobile telephone number) and password that is designated the account owner. Once this is done successfully, on the left there will be links and the one you want is Assign Account Managers. You can always type that into the search bar as well.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes