Change from Blackberry to Iphone, Business phone
meterlogic

Hello,  I was recently issued a blackberry Curve by my company,  The company Verizon plan has 900 mins a month and unlimited data

I was wondering if I buy a Verizon Iphone on my own (new or used) can I take both phones to a Verizon store and have them swap the iphone for the blackberry without access to the account? I basically want to involve my company as little as possible as they may or may not be ok with the trade.  Also, If I did make the trade, would my company be able to see that I switched phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change from Blackberry to Iphone, Business phone
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Andrew S, I would like to provide you with the proper information for performing an Esn change (phone swap). We don't want you to deceive your company or make any changes without their permission because their paying for your wonderful service with us, but also want you to have the correct steps. You have a few different ways to change the phones on your account but each time you change your device you will need the last four digits of the tax id or the password on the account. This password was set up by the account manager for your company. If your company added you on the account as an account manager with a password, you will have access to make changes to the account along with changing phones (Esn change).

The three ways to process an Esn (phone swap) change on your account. The first way is online via My-Verizon, if you were given permission to have access to your company's online information. The second way to change your phone is over the phone with customer service or at the store location but this will involve accessing the account information and providing a password. The last way to change a phone on your account is by dialing *228 and send on the device you want to change, however you will still need to provide the last four digits of the tax id or password if one was set up.

Unfortunately, the only way to make this change without accessing the account is via My-Verizon online through the company's account. If you do not have access to the account information, you will be unable to verify and make any changes to the account.

I hope this information is helpful.

KinquanaH_VZw

Follow on on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes