Change CNAM (caller ID name) of caller
adjolley
Enthusiast - Level 1

When people at my firm call clients who use Verizon, our name is showing up wrong. Every other carrier and landline provider has the correct info, but Verizon customers see incorrect info. I'd like to get this changed.

A call to Verizon customer service did not yield a solution. They claim that we need to contact our carrier, but that's not how caller ID works. The service provider of the caller sends the number, and then it's up to the receiving service provider to look up a name in their database for the number.

How can I get this changed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change CNAM (caller ID name) of caller
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Adjolley, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. I know how important it is to have the right name appear on the Caller ID's. You would be able to change how the name looks on Caller ID's by changing the Shared Name ID through My Verizon. Check out the steps on how to change this information by following the link Share Name ID FAQs | Verizon Wireless (Question #5). Please keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adjolley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not a Verizon customer. The people who are being called by my firm are Verizon customers, and are seeing the wrong caller ID name for my firm. Every other carrier has the correct info. Verizon needs to update its database.

dbuschjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes