Certified Like-New Replacement Program - I would like to know who decides what "like-new" condition is?
Graceful1

I have been a customer of Verizon as far back as it was still with  Alltel. You could say I've been loyal. I had my first time phone problem recently and unfortunately had to accept a Certified-Like-New Replacement. I had a current backup, I will not go deeper into that problem, but this phone is the farthest Like-New condition phone I have ever seen. This is the first time in all my years as a customer that I have had a problem so I have not had a Like-New phone before and I hope I never, ever do again. I would think a company as large as Verizon, and going through some changes would not make such a simple and I am sure often error.

I am shocked and undecided about future use of Verizon as is most of my family members. They cannot believe the problem. One daughter has already had 2 (two) Like-New Replacement phones.

Very disappointed,

Mary

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Certified Like-New Replacement Program - I would like to know who decides what "like-new" condition is?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So you were an Alltel customer until Verizon purchased Alltel and then you stayed when it switched to Verizon. You couldn't be a Verizon customer before Verizon purchased Alltel as that is not possible.

What exactly is it that makes the device you received not a CLNR? You can't claim something to the community and then ask for advice without telling us what exactly is wrong.

0 Likes
Re: Certified Like-New Replacement Program - I would like to know who decides what "like-new" condition is?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Graceful1, we appreciate your loyalty and want you to know that this long term relationship is important to us. As a reflection of our commitment to you, we provide a one year manufacturer warranty which provides you with a certified replacement device in exchange for your defective phone. These devices undergo a 100 point check system to ensure that you're getting a device that is held to strict cosmetic and functionality standards. Are you having issues with your replacement phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Graceful1

Nothing works as well as my original phone until is died. Charging, setting up, downloading, using commands.........It has been a complete nightmare and when/if I ever get things set up like my old one was my contract will be up for renewal.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Unless you can tell us the issue none of us can help fix it.

0 Likes
Graceful1

The problems are still here but I try to keep patient. The areas are ringtone, notification, getting/sending messages. The battery also goes through power very fast.

I've another issue with Verizon, and the representative was really rude. I and my step daughter are very disappointed in Verizon and are looking into other options. That is not good. I've been with Verizon since before it became Verizon.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Alltel and Verizon merged together. So you became a customer in 3008 or you were with Alltel way before then?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

2008 I apologize. And Verizon gets specifications from the manufacturer. You could always send your device directly to the manufacturer but the warranty does stipulate it will be replaced with a like new device.

0 Likes
Gapunkin

I have had TWO CLNR and they BOTH have not worked. I Paid for a new Phone that was not working properly. Yes it was out of warranty, but I’m STILL paying on it and just keep getting CLNR. Very frustrating 

0 Likes