Certified Like New Phones are JUNK!!
jimpohl

I've been a vzw customer for a year now and I've been through over 6 phones in that time frame. EVERY time I have to get a new phone they send me out a so called "like new" phone that ends up being nothing more than crap. What do we have to do to get vzw to stand behind the products they're selling instead of them giving us this junk? If it wasn't for my contract I'd tell them where to stick their service and go elsewhere. Sprint/Nextel always replaced my phones with brand new ones when I had a problem phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Certified Like New Phones are JUNK!!
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

jimpohl, I truly understand your concerns with the replacement phones you’re receiving. We always ensure Verizon Wireless customers are provided only the highest quality replacement devices. Our Certified Like- New Replacement units must pass a 100+ point quality check in 10 key categories. Replacement phones are rigorously tested. We are confident in our replacement phones and won’t send our customers anything that doesn't work. If you receive a non-working replacement device, do not hesitate to contact us immediately so that we can rectify the situation.

We truly appreciate your long time business.

KinquanaH_VZ

0 Likes
jimpohl

Believe me, I've contacted you folks on several different occasions because of your "like new" phones. They are junk and I have NEVER gotten one that was good. Yeah, you'll replace them but you'll only replace them with "like new" phones that are nothing but junk. I have yet to have one last more than a few months. If you truly want to rectify the situation then the next time my "like new" phone takes a crap on me then you'll send me a brand new phone instead.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happened to your original phone (which I am assuming your purchased "new")?  If it was replaced for amanufacturer's defect within the first 2 weeks, it would have been replaced with a NEW phone.  Beyond that, you are getting a refurbished, like new replacement for your USED phone. 

jimpohl wrote:

... I have yet to have one last more than a few months.

Why?  Manufacturer defect?  Rough handling?  What happens to your phones?  Our phones last several years; we have some we use as backups that are 5-6 years old - a little scratched up maybe but they work fine.

0 Likes
shianne

i got 2 samsung stratosphere cpo's they are both working beautifully, aside from the 4g/3g network being down atm here

0 Likes
jimpohl

SuzyQ, The speaker quit working after about 3 weeks....maybe a month. With the exception of the speaker the phone was in brand new condition. No rough handling, never been wet, never been dropped. It just quit working. As for all the phones I got after the fact they had poor reception, garbled ringtones, would constantly reboot themselves, get extremely hot....etc.. etc....all sorts of different symptoms. Needless to say it's left quite the bad taste in my mouth when it comes to VZW. If I could go back to Sprint I would but where I live now I wouldn't get service.

0 Likes
jimpohl

Shianne, you're fortunate. I however have not been with these phones.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

jimpohl wrote:

SuzyQ, The speaker quit working after about 3 weeks....maybe a month. With the exception of the speaker the phone was in brand new condition. No rough handling, never been wet, never been dropped. It just quit working. As for all the phones I got after the fact they had poor reception, garbled ringtones, would constantly reboot themselves, get extremely hot....etc.. etc....all sorts of different symptoms. Needless to say it's left quite the bad taste in my mouth when it comes to VZW. If I could go back to Sprint I would but where I live now I wouldn't get service.

OK--it sounds like you've had a bad run . . . through no fault of your own, and I wish I could offer more than sympathy!  The few times we've had to do phone exchanges we've been satisfied with the replacements.  And the only phone we had that was a total lemon and went back within the first week was a Samsung Glyde.

In fact, the phone I'm using now is a CPO (Certified PreOwned, or refurbished) Blackberry Bold, and I used my upgrade and NE2 to get it free.  It's been awesome. 

You also said in a different post - If you truly want to rectify the situation then the next time my "like new" phone takes a crap on me then you'll send me a brand new phone instead.  You may find a rep willing to do that, though my guess is your upgrade eligibility will be reset to 20 months from the point you DO receive a new phone, regardless of the cost to you (unless you pay the full retail, which I'm assuming you are, at this point, unwilling to do). I wish you luck, whatever the results of all this are.  Maybe you can find something that will work through a friend or eBay....

0 Likes
jimpohl

yeah....I've gone rounds and rounds with them. There was one point where I wanted to speak to a supervisor and the guy told me I'd have to wait for a call back from one up to 24 hours later. I asked him repeatedly if he did or did not have a supervisor in the same room as him and he kept telling me that I'd have to wait for a call back. I finally got pretty ticked off at him and belittled him asking him how stupid he was that he couldn't answer a simple "yes or no" question with a simple yes or no. At that point he finally answered that there was indeed a supervisor there so I told him to raise his hand like the kindergartner his intelligence was matching and to tell his supervisor that he had a very irate customer on the line demanding to speak with him. I then got to speak to the supervisor who upgraded me from the HTC Incredible to the DROID2. 

0 Likes
hawker999

I have to say I agree, I have been VZW customer since 1985, yes 1985 through all the mergers and rollups never did the carrier hopping thing. I have had  4 or 5 Stratospheres in as many months. My first phone started out in a haliburton case and the 3 year lease was $90.00 just for the equipment with a 10%residual for 36 months. I think I had better service back then, my condo is 1500 ft., from a major highway and lose half my calls. The company has lost focus i.e. it's customer satisfaction. I was also a forced migration to a data plan, $30.00 down the drain, laptop and den or starbucks was just, fine. I do not plan to renew other than family this is the longest relationship I have had.......HA!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes