Cellular dead zone at Grass Lawn Park in Redmond, WA
Arashikou
Enthusiast - Level 1

For years now, there has been a cellular dead zone at Grass Lawn Park in Redmond, WA, not far from the Microsoft corporate campus. It is worst on the south side of the park, along Old Redmond Road. When driving along this road, my cellular signal invariably cuts out between 148th Avenue NE and 140th Avenue NE, sometimes as far out as 132nd Avenue NE. The signal is not much better on the north side of the park, though sometimes a few bars of slow data can be found there. I assume the surrounding neighborhood is affected as well. The signal does not get better or worse when there are more or fewer people around.

This has been going on for at least ten years now, and it amazes me that nobody has reported it, especially as it's right in the middle of a neighborhood full of rich Microsoft employees, it affects the thousands of people who commute through this area each weekday, and it encompasses the favored park many of them take their children to. But I haven't known how to report it until now. I hope you can take a look at this longstanding dead zone.

Labels (1)
Re: Cellular dead zone at Grass Lawn Park in Redmond, WA
sixty01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live nearby (in Sixty01 condos) and verizon terrible in this neighborhood.  Agree that along Old Redmond road south of Grass Lawn park calls will drop 99 percent of the time.  (I think I had one NOT drop last week and couldn't remember when that happened. )  I live in nearby condos and get one bar at my unit.  Amazing given that we are about a mile from Microsoft campus.  Have talked to verizon reps on phone about it but they are useless/powerless.  I have been here 9 years.

0 Likes
nosignalsam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue - have for 9 years working in Redmond. I also see this question was posted over 5 years ago and the issue is still unresolved. Mind boggling there would be a dead zone blocks from one of the largest tech companies in the world. Time to switch providers I guess if Verizon is going to be this dismissive of core service failures. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nosignalsam, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. The last thing we would want to see is you leaving us. Help is here. I have sent you a Private Note. Please check it for additional assistnace.

-Natasha

0 Likes
nosignalsam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Natasha - I don't see a "reply" option to your PM, but to answer your question, it's over two miles on 148th in one direction along where service is poor and calls get dropped, but the overall area is likely much larger than that given the comments from others which spans several blocks west of 148th. Fact is, you have a very unusual dead zone in highly populated residential and commercial areas that's been unaddressed for a minimum of 9 years.  

0 Likes