Cell service in Potomac Yard, Virginia
Mo2004

I have lived in Potomac Yard for 6 years, and the neighborhood was established in 2012. Verizon has horrendous cell service and have spoken on many occasions with Verizon and have filed complaints with the FCC. The cell coverage is practically non-existent in a suburban area only a few miles from Washington, DC. Several neighbors have complained to the FCC and called Verizon directly and we always get the same answer: Not enough inhabitants to warrant a cell tower in our area and we will send you an extender to help with your situation. Well that answer may have worked 4-5 years ago when it was a very new and small number of residents, but now we are roughly 4000 strong and there has not been a single thing to help our cell coverage. And the extender never worked properly. Verizon has been giving the neighborhood the run-around for years and the neighborhood is getting sick and tired of it. There are already dozens of complaints to the FCC due to this issue, but what seems to be the prevailing message is that it is not cost-effective to put in a cell tower to improve the coverage of almost 4000 and growing.  It even caused an issue with me as a physician when I did not receive an emergency call from the hospital due to horrible cell coverage in my own home.  That is just dangerous.

0 Likes