Cell phone use to work in apt, now it doesnt
penguinseeker

My cell phone use to work in my apt and now it doesnt. I went to the verizon store as it wasn't an Apple issue. They updated the towers for my area. Well, my phone still says searching or no service. I looked on the coverage map on the site and my area is covered...So what is the problem?? How do I get that fixed as I am missing calls from my job to come in or to stay home. Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell phone use to work in apt, now it doesnt
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi penguinseeker,

Let's get this issue resolved! First we need to make sure that your phone is up to date. Please dial *228 send from your cell phone and select option 1. This will update the roaming capabilities on the phone and may help with the signal on the phone. If your issue is not resolved or does not improve, please provide us with additional information to further assist you. What is your current zipcode? What is the model and current software of your device?

Please let us know so we can further assist you,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
penguinseeker

hi NidiaA_VZW

I did the *228 and that didnt work. My phone still says searching or no service. my zip code is 01944 and the phone i have is the IPhone 4 and the OS is OS 6. I need my phone to work in my apt so if my job calls for me to come in, I will get it and other important calls I am missing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello penguinseeker,

Thank you for staying in contact with us. We appreciate you taking those steps to update your phone. We want to make sure you will not continue to miss important calls while in your apartment. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you would benefit from our Network Extender; http://bit.ly/gwFgVl a solution for indoor coverage.

The Network Extender enables you to make and receive calls indoors where outdoor cellular coverage does not reach. I was able to see that others in your area have been able to benefit from this accessory. I am confident this will be a great resolution.

Let us know if you have further questions.

TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cvnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

This apparently is a reoccurring problem. I have to continually apologise for not responding to customers because I did not receive the information in a timely manner (24 hrs).

Actually, I finally managed to get an honest tech who told me once again the service in our neighborhood, not area, was marginal at best. They could not identify the reason behind that.

I have jumped through more hoops than a circus dog, purchased all of the equipment (including the network extender), reset, powered down, updated, soft and hard reset, traded for "like new" equipment etc, (each time extending my contract for 2 years on 5 lines) and yes, still.... crappy if any service. Marginal is a nice way of saying "Our program doesn't work for you but you are locked in."

I am at my wits end. Again, tech and customer service reps are pleasant, I just wish I did not have so many hours of communication with them. Verizon expects, rightfully so, to be paid for their minutes. What about my hours? I just expect my investment to provide the service I pay for.

Resolution tickets are a joke. The "Verizon Tech" came to our neighborhood to look for abnormalities (4 years ago after their merger). They found nothing to block a signal. The resolution was, and I quote " Are you on a burial ground?" That was my resolution. The service would seem better some weeks, then disappear. I up graded at that time and hung in there. Several service tickets and a great deal of money, 4 years later we are still having issues. Because I continually buy into this, I am locked in. After 17 years I feel it may be time for a change. Our first Verizon phone came in a case with a carrying strap. Needless to say, we are frustrated.

I was supposed to receive a phone call from the advisory team? with Verizon by 5:30 pm. Currently 11:20 pm. Perhaps they coulnd't get in touch with me considering my cell and home phone are through Verizon. Ironic.

0 Likes